Greats Dresses at Ross

blambition

I just got back from buying two new dresses for the cruise and I found both of them at Ross. I believe most states have a Ross discount Department Store so I thought I would mention it.

I found a beautiful long black formal dress that is simple yet elegant for $29.99 and a great little black dress that I will wear for a casual night although you could easily dress up for an informal night that really broke the bank, it set me back $14.99. It is so comfortable and I'm sure it will travel well without wrinkles. I bet I get loads of use out of this dress. I now have an outfit for every night, and funny they are all BLACK hey the one good thing is that means I only need formal heels and black heels.

Vicki

Hi, Vicki, I also love Ross:)

I didn't find anything the last time I was there

but they do have SO MANY CHOICES:D

The one thing I always have to remember

to bring with me is patience;) because

many times things are out of order and

you have to really take the time to look

through racks.

Congratulations on your bargains!

I've not been to Ross, but we have a TJ Maxx close to our house. I have to agree with Lois, I'm sure there are great finds in there, but the store is so disorganized, it would take all day to find them. I have a feeling that it is partly the management and partly the customers, both being too lazy to put things back where they belong. I spend about 10 minutes in those stores and give up, hopefully yours is better managed than the one near me!

I haven't paid more than $25 for a formal dress in several years, although I did find them at department stores. All neat and organized :p

blambition - yes we have Ross here too. I actually saw a dress in one while at my daughter's house, but it wasn't my size. Soooo after I got home, I traveled around to about 5 different Ross stores in my area. Never did find that same dress, but I did find a lovely chiffon jacket to wear with a white sheath for the White Masquerade Ball that I'm told Celebrity holds. It was $19.99. I shop at Ross a lot. Have a great

cruise and have fun wearing your special buys.:p

I also shop at TJ Maxx and Macy's but really find a lot at both TJ Maxx and Ross. I totally agree you have to have time for Ross as it takes time to go through their clothes and they really have a long check-out line at ours. TJ Maxx is a lot better in that respect. I love getting good deals and would prefer to buy 6 outfits than 1 for the same money but I do shop at Chico's and other stores if I see something I really must have. I find Old Navy has some cute casual wear at times also. I tend to wear younger looking clothes ( yet still age appropriate )so I also look in the junior department Funny for someone who hated shopping I think menopause has finally turned me into a woman LOL.

Vickiicon12.gif

I was in Ross yesterday in Florida and they had the most beautiful Anne Klein Watches for over half price of what they cost in the dept stores, perfect for the cruise.

Also found some great skirts and shirts for the cruise. I love that store!!!!!!!

who has turned into a shopper since cruising began :D , I know what you mean about finding shopping late in life LOL. But Ross, TJ Maxx and other stores like that make me nervous having to look through everything. Being a "fluffy" body type I seem to have more luck at Stein Mart, department store sales and online. Lois is the primo shopper of us all as her pictures will attest but I love getting the advice on what to shop for and where to find it from all the fashion dolls on this board.

Have a great cruise Vicki.

Thanks for the good wishes. I actually resisted buying anything today at TJ Maxx but I'm going back tomorrow for a great necklace I saw. DH had warned me not to buy another item before the cruise but when my girlfriend mentioned the necklace which was similar to the one she was wearing he said go get it. He made the mistake of complimenting her on the necklace. Anyway they open at 11 in the morning so I plan on being there at say 11:01.

I am counting down the days until our cruise so I can play dress up and go off this diet I've been on for the last 7 weeks.

By the way if you like Elizabeth Aden creams they sell that at TJ for about $15.00 and I looked it up online and the retail of it is $60.00

Vicki

I am soooo jealous! Up here in the "frozen tundra" we don't have a Ross store - but I was introduced to one when we visited our friends in North Carolina. We spent almost half a day in the Ross store and I came home with the most amazing bargains. People I work with can't believe the prices and the quality of clothing that I came back with. I'll have to live vicariously through all of you on this board for a little while. :(

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I am soooo jealous! Up here in the "frozen tundra" we don't have a Ross store - but I was introduced to one when we visited our friends in North Carolina. We spent almost half a day in the Ross store and I came home with the most amazing bargains. People I work with can't believe the prices and the quality of clothing that I came back with. I'll have to live vicariously through all of you on this board for a little while. :(

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Do you have Winners in Saskatoon? I know there are several in Calgary. Winners is owned by same company as TJ Maxx and Marshall's, which are both almost exactly the same as Ross.

Having shopped at several different Winners, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross stores, I have noticed that the products and brands varies WILDLY from store to store. Some of the stores have brands you have never heard of, others have all name brands. I'm sure it's all related to demographics.

If you travel to North Carolina and like these stores, ask your friend to take you to Steinmart. Some of the colours are a little wild, but they have great prices on clothes and shoes, and some wonderful and fun home stuff.

I also shop at TJ Maxx and Macy's but really find a lot at both TJ Maxx and Ross. I totally agree you have to have time for Ross as it takes time to go through their clothes and they really have a long check-out line at ours. TJ Maxx is a lot better in that respect. I love getting good deals and would prefer to buy 6 outfits than 1 for the same money but I do shop at Chico's and other stores if I see something I really must have. I find Old Navy has some cute casual wear at times also. I tend to wear younger looking clothes ( yet still age appropriate )so I also look in the junior department Funny for someone who hated shopping I think menopause has finally turned me into a woman LOL.

Vickiicon12.gif

I like Ross also and we have a Ross and a Marshalls in the shopping center across from our mall. I buy a good bit at Ross but as you said, it is like "digging for buried treasure", you go through a lot of garbage to find the gems but the gems are there!

Sometimes I love doing that-if I am in the right "frame" of mind but sometimes if I am feeling bad I just don't want to go through that so I skip Ross.

Water-Baby, yes we do have a Winners store in Saskatoon, but it's really pathetic. I've been to Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls and this doesn't hold a candle to any of them. We're planning a road trip next summer to visit our friends in NC again, and believe me I'm going to hit every Ross along the way. Actually I'm very lucky as DH loves shopping and loves to stop at all of the outlet malls when we travel, so I get the requisite numbers of hours of shopping in during our vacations! Are you from Calgary? If you are, didn't you just have snow on Friday night? All we got was rain ... and it's still raining, a little over 4 inches in the past 3 days!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Hi Sandy:) thanks for the compliment.

I just look for sales....if you check out my newest

thread I went out yesterday and found a lovely

new dressy skirt.

And unbelievabley, I found a pair of Ralph Lauren

dress slacks in black at a local consignment store. Side

zip...no hem needed.....for only 16.00:D and they look NEW.

So maybe some of his stuff is made for "real women" in real

sizes? I think this is the first item by him I have made.

I am quite pleased:)

Archived