11:20 flight time...Too early???

vmom

I know this has been asked before, and I just can't remember the answers...sorry.

I would like to book a 11:20 flight out of Miami. We will be on the Explorer docked in Port of Miami. Cruise is in Dec.

Is this too close or can I make it?

You can easily make this flight provided the ship docks on time, and you either use self debarkation or get off with the first color called. I have consistently made MIA flights as early as 745 using self debarkation.

Yes - or go ahead and give your bags to the porters to take off the ship - and then make sure you have a white tag (usually white) -- which is the 1st color called after self-disembark.

I did that and was told I'd be called between 7-7:30am -- they called white tags at 6:30am -- I decided to wait and have breakfast and then get off. No problem making an 11:30am flight in Fort Lauderdale!

You will have PLENTY of time! I predict you will be in the airport and waiting and waiting and waiting for you flight time!!!! Don't worry--even if something out of the ordinary happens and you miss the flight (you won't!!!) you can go stand-by on the next!

I know this has been asked before, and I just can't remember the answers...sorry.

I would like to book a 11:20 flight out of Miami. We will be on the Explorer docked in Port of Miami. Cruise is in Dec.

Is this too close or can I make it?

RCCL cruise air booked me out of MIA at 11:40, so I don't see 11:20 being a problem

You can easily make this flight provided the ship docks on time, and you either use self debarkation or get off with the first color called. I have consistently made MIA flights as early as 745 using self debarkation.

Just a note that on our last cruise, self-disembarkation was reserved for American passengers only. The OP hasn't said where they're from but that might be an issue. You also had to have no customs declaration and only one medium bag. This was in the literature we received prior to getting off.

I also think the OP will have no problem at all making their flight. Hope not, we're booked for 11:40.

Archived