After having used Carnival Vacation Club...

VentureMan_2000

After having used Carnival Vacation Club, would you choose to use them again...? And if so, why...? If not, why...?

Yes, in a heartbeat. I will most probably renew in April on the Spirit. One of the coolest things that happened on the Pride this week was that I asked the CVC Rep onboard the Pride if we can get us the 25% Spa discount for Wendys Updo. Usually this is only for Port Days only but she was able to get us the discount while at Sea. I know that 25% off is not a big deal but its cool that they would do that for us. They made our Supper Club arrangements and also booked all of Wendys Spa appointments.

Also it was so cool to not have to hassle with all the people disembarking this morning. There was a total of 30 or so that got off and our Luggage was sitting in a separate area where we can immediately identify our luggage and take them away.

April will be the 4th Cruise booked with my CVC points and then I will be out of points, thats why I will renew again. I stilll have my 3 Landshore Certitifcates which expires in 2010. I will use them for Hawaii and Orlando land trips. I also have four 2 for 1 air certificates that I can use at anytime.

One last thing which surpised me, CVC sent me an Email that my Docs were on their way, it also had a Tracking number which told me when it would arrive. The company they used was DHL Express.

Fred

Do you save over the published booking prices on CarnivaL Web Site...?

And do you get the same Past Guest specials that Carnival offers...?

I really never check to compare and worry about other prices. I just look to see on their website what I can score at the lowest amount of points to squeeze as many cruises as I can get. Some people will go all out and book at Cat. 11a or 12a and use up their points right away. I just look for the Cat 1a and go guarantee to get an upgrade. So far my Upgrades have been great. Cat.1a to 6a or Cat. 4a to 6a, these are the Obstructed Cabins with French doors, also the cool part is that the people that have crossed reference our booking numbers together have also enjoyed these Upgrades as well. They even put us next to each other. Those 2 other couples also booked 4a and they were upgraded to Cat 6a with me. I dont know if CVC had anything to do with that but who knows.

As far as Past Guest Specials, Carnival Vacation Club sends us an Email with their Specials. But if you see a Past Guest special that is lower then your points you can call them to book it and they will glady adjust the points to meet those prices. Thats pretty cool. Again, while I book and just wait for my Docs, others will actually do the research and see if their cruise dropped in price. Someone did just that and called CVC and had their points replaced back into their bank.

Fred

We are using our points for the first time, not on a carnival ship but the Crown Princess on December 9th. Just disappointed that we will not have priority embarktion and disembarktion but they were very helpful with planning our trip. We are also taking children and grandchildren on a Christmas cruise - Carnival Glory - while we chose not to use our points for this cruise, we were informed that all we have to do in show our CVC

cards and will have priority on that ship which will be great since there is 12 of us.

I have been very pleased with CVC. Our first cruise using points is not until March 07 on the Liberty. However, I did notice a point drop, called and within 10 minutes I had the new point rate and the others have been added back to my account.

On a family cruise back in March on the Conquest all of my family members got to enjoy the perks of the CVC. VIP embarkation & disembarkation, free strawberries, discounts on spa services, two private CVC parties. I did not expect them to get all these perks but they did.

We recieved a 7-day FREE stay in Mexico. Well because of the hurricanes last year we can use it to stay some where in the states. I will be booking this within the week. When I get back I will let everyone know how it went.

I also have the other vacation certificates as well. We will use those in the future.

CVC it not for everyone. However, if used wisely it can be worth every penny.

while we chose not to use our points for this cruise, we were informed that all we have to do in show our CVC

cards and will have priority on that ship which will be great since there is 12 of us.

Contact CVC and tell them that you booked this Cruise so that they can email the Glory and let them know that you are showing up so you can get all the perks while onboard. I did this with the Valor since I booked using my SeaMiles card.

Fred

What is the Carnival Vacation Club?? Sounds interesting. How do you sign up? Is this associated with the Sea Miles Credit Card? If anyone can point me in the direction of where I can read up on it, I would appreciated it. I checked Carnival's web-site, but I didn't see anything. Thanks, Karen

What is the Carnival Vacation Club?? Sounds interesting. How do you sign up? Is this associated with the Sea Miles Credit Card? If anyone can point me in the direction of where I can read up on it, I would appreciated it. I checked Carnival's web-site, but I didn't see anything. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen, Carnival Vacation Club is something like a Time Share concept. But its not a Time Share, you do not own it. You buy a plan which has a set amount of Points that you can use to select your cruise on their website. The seminars are held on only a few ships. The SeaMiles Credit Card which I also use and have used for my Valor Cruise already is something different all together.

Fred

Fred

Did you get a chnace to check out the cell phone issues we were talking about last week??

Gr

Yes, no Cell Phone signal while out at Sea, I did get some signal while passing San Diego from our balcony. Shayla made calls from Mexico on the pier by using her Credit Card.

Fred

• 1 month later...

Hello I am also a previous employee of the wonderful CVC circus.I would like to enlighten my ex CVC associate.

Lets say for example now someone bought a Silver package rounded off to $5000.00

20000 cruise points are obtained for this at 17.5 cents that works out to $3500.

I cannot understand how you could justify the resorts for the remaining $1500.

THE FACTS the buyer is spending $1500 to get the right to use a $299 certificate at a specific resort.These resorts are available to anybody for as little as $199 each. The Cheap price is because you are using a time share unit and all you are paying for is a contribution to the owners annual maintenance fees.Anyone and his dog can find these why pay $1500 to be shown something available on the net to all surfere free gratis!

Back to CVC yes you are right the Targets are unreal the sales people are driven by big sticks .Sales folk are hired out of South Africa and Canada asthetically pleasing yes they are.

I am eternally grateful for my enquiring mind and only once I got to the ship after being trained in my own country did I find out about the $299 lollies.

So if you want to make a quick buck are not averse to lying this is the job for you.I saw the light and left .

CVC is run by "solutions at sea" (clue number one it is one word).

The main machine driving it is Marcia Rowley.

The $1500 is hers her profit your loss if you buy the silver pack!Plus of course the extremely low rate they pay Carnival for the cruise point then marked up to 17,5c.

I was made to sign a gagging contract boy you think the sales contract was drawn up by America's most wanted try reading all of your employment contract.

I am sure that those who have been done in and have a certain astute side to their character and can see clue number one followed by who owns the company could quite easily decifer say for example a communications link

I like you would like to return to cruise ships in a different capacity one that requires ethics and honesty from the employees . Solutions is just one of the concessions that are contracted to Carnival there are some brilliant options with the others.Happy Hunting !

I noticed in an early post something about a class action law suite-This is impossible the monster that is the sales contract clearly states that all legal wranglings will be Via an Arbitrator chose by ICE /Solutions.Unfortunately if you bought it you signed the contract too.

Carnival is a great cruise line as long as you stay away from the Sharks of CVC in their black suits.!

Enlighted happy and proud of it !!!

Sorry, but I lost my lunch when I saw 2 sales associates on the Miracle "high fiving" each other and saying..."yes..." as a couple walked down the Promenade the other way after leaving their office.

Probably glad they had secured their job for another week, but very unprofessional

Archived