What's inside the room?

lborne

We are trying to pack as light and as little as possible, and I've read various threads, but no where could I find a list of everything that is included in your cabin. When we were on the PG in 2003, there was shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bubble bath, bath soap, face glycerin soap, oatmeal soap, cotton balls and q-tips.

Will we find all this on the Navigator? What about sewing kits, shoe polish, umbrella? Anything else I'm forgetting?

Thanks

No reason for shoe polish as you can set your shoes out at night and they're waiting by your door the next morning all polished. Umbrellas are also supplied. Have never needed sewing kit but I don't remember seeing them. The only extra things I normally bring is some CD's if I want to listen to music (CD in cabin) and a travel size clock for our nightstand.

I never heard of the CD player and never saw it on any cabin photos. I thought we only had a VCR. I know this is asking much, but is the CD player part of a whole system? Can I bring my very small MP3 palyer and hook it into the system?

On our last Seven Seas Mariner cruise, Tahiti, April 18 - May 8, our category H cabin had a DVD player which plays through the single speaker of the television.

On our South American cruise in January-February I am bringing an inexpensive battery-powered CD player with headphones along with many opera CDs that I don't ordinarily have the time to listen to.

The upper category suites may have component stereos with CD players and external inputs. Call Regent.

Personally, I don't like the heavily scented toilettries. I know it's a nice brand, but if you are sensitive to perfumed products, you may want to bring your own. I recall one time I popped a button and had to buy a sewing kit in the gift shop. Now I tuck a needle and thread in the cosmetic case. On the other hand I sent a new recently purchased top to have the sleeves shortened and was surprised that it cost less than my tailor at home.

I also bring an immersion heater and coffee press. Life is too short to start the day with bitter coffee.

wrote in part:...

On the other hand I sent a new recently purchased top to have the sleeves shortened and was surprised that it cost less than my tailor at home.

I never thought to have clothes altered on a ship..never really needed to....infact I didn't even know they did that...

oh the info we get:D at CC

Very good!!!!

It never would have occurred to me to rely on the ship's tailor, but I grabbed a new dressy top out of the closet and forgot that the sleeves were waaaaay too long. It took two days, but the quality was excellent.

I always forget something in the rush of packing. Usually no big deal. But the time I headed for Madeira and left behind the mobile phone bag containing not only the phone but the Madeira house keys as well....now that was a challenge. I admire people who pack a week ahead. I'm a hopelessly last minute (and I do mean last minute) packer.

Archived