Crown Princess Will use The Pan American Port in San Juan

jouset_1345

I don't understand the big deal over this. The pier is something I take a cab to in order to board the ship. I would not think of walking from hotel to pier even in Old San Juan. Even so, a cab would cost an extra $5.00. Am I missing something (no wise cracks)?

You are exactly right. However, people need something to complain about.;)

Mike:)

Get your facts right and don't cause a panic for no reason.

No panic, I was just posting the Info to help people going on the Crown :o

And the information comes from the person ho is in Charge of locating Princess Ships in San Juan Port. But maybe he is wrong...

Maybe Will have to wait till November 4 , to see were she is going. :D

HappY Cruising !

Well Princess will have to tell us prior to the 11/4 sailing or we won't all know which pier to go to. I don't care which pier it is and I'm staying at the Ritz for 2 nights prior and it's not close to either one of them but I do need to know where to catch the ship.

If it is switched and our documents who Pier 4 at Old San Juan what do they do, call us?

Well Princess will have to tell us prior to the 11/4 sailing or we won't all know which pier to go to. I don't care which pier it is as I'm staying at the Ritz for 2 nights prior and it's not close to either one of them but I do need to know where to catch the ship.

If it is switched and our documents who Pier 4 at Old San Juan what do they do, call us?

I will I guess have to except whatever peir that Princess goes to and yes it does bother me because I did expect to walk to the ship and YES of course I can afford a taxi, I wouldn't be taking a cruise if I couldn't. If it doesn't bother other people that's them but I don't think that because someone voices that they are not to happy with this doesn't mean that some people have to say that I am being unreasonable....or that I must need a cruise due to the fact I must be stressed.

Heather

I am traveling on the Crown on Feb.3/07 out of San Juan and was also told that the pier used was in Old San Juan and that was why we booked our pre-cruise hotel there at the Sheraton Old San Juan because it was very close. I will be very upset if they do change, not that it matters to them I'm sure but I don't understand why they would change things. Also if they do happen to change it for sure does anyone know the closest hotel to that pier????

Thanks Heather:mad:

If you end up at the Pan Am Pier, it was a $15 taxi ride from the Sheraton OSJ in March. There are no hotels close to the Pan Am so the Sheraton would be just as good a choice of hotel as anything else.

I always enjoyed the fact that the ship docked in Old San Juan. Even if you wanted to make that port a "sea day", you could get off for a bit, wander around Old San Juan and jump back aboard. Now, if the ship docks at the other terminal, even a quick visit to Old San Juan will mean a taxi ride.

We won't have to worry about that though till next summer, and in the meantime things could change. Docking at the Pan American terminal will still be better than me being at work that day! :D

I always enjoyed the fact that the ship docked in Old San Juan. Even if you wanted to make that port a "sea day", you could get off for a bit, wander around Old San Juan and jump back aboard. Now, if the ship docks at the other terminal, even a quick visit to Old San Juan will mean a taxi ride.

We won't have to worry about that though till next summer, and in the meantime things could change. Docking at the Pan American terminal will still be better than me being at work that day!

Well If you are comming to San Juan, just visiting the Crown will Use the Old San Juan Port. But on Embarkation days Here in San Juan , She will be located in The Pan American Port 1. Thats al Saturdays from November 4 2006 , till April 2007.

Happy Cruising. !

But on Embarkation days Here in San Juan , She will be located in The Pan American Port 1. Thats al Saturdays from November 4 2006 , till April 2007.

Happy Cruising. !

This information does not match what I just found on the Internet. As reported by others on this thread, here is the info from the PR cruise calendar website. The Crown is the only ship in PR on 11/4. Why would they use the Pan American pier if it is the only ship? For the sake of tourism, I would think that the locals would prefer the ship to be in OSJ. Much easier to get off the ship and spend $$!! :D

On 11/11, the Crown is still listed as using pier 4. There is another ship in San Juan that day.......an RCL ship and that one is at the Pan American pier.

If Princess is telling people that it is pier 4 and the cruise calendar agrees with this information, then who exactly is this person that is stating that the Crown is at the Pan American pier? :confused:

Cruise Name: CROWN PRINCESS

Cruise Line: PRINCESS CRUISES

Cruise Date: 11-04-2006

Cruise Capacity: 3782

Port #: 4-E

Arrival: 04:00:00

Departure: 23:00:00

Cruise Name: SERENADE OF THE SEAS

Cruise Line: ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Cruise Date: 11-11-2006

Cruise Capacity: 2490

Port #: PAD-W

Arrival: 05:00:00

Departure: 22:00:00

Cruise Name: CROWN PRINCESS

Cruise Line: PRINCESS CRUISES

Cruise Date: 11-11-2006

Cruise Capacity: 3782

Port #: 4-W

Arrival: 04:00:00

Departure: 23:00:00

... then who exactly is this person that is stating that the Crown is at the Pan American pier? :confused:

HI !

My son just got that information, on a Job interview with the Port Agent of Princess here in Puerto Rico.

Thats who. Either they are right or they are not. Nobody really knows until November 4, so maybe everyone should just take a wait and see attitude and be prepared for a possible change.

If the information is new to the port, it would be typical that the cruise calendar is not yet updated. And as I said in an earlier post, it is not the first time that a pier change in San Juan is announced first on these boards and later on the various online calendars and websites. Last time this happened the ship (Golden) was docked at the OSJ pier and you could see it on the webcam, but the phone rep supervisors were still giving out the wrong, old pier information even though their own ship cameras clearly showed the new location. See this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=253212

Eventually Princess will have to give those of us cruising on the 4th the correct information so we know which pier to go to. Guess we will find out soon. I'm going to email the company that runs the port and see what they have to say.

Eventually Princess will have to give those of us cruising on the 4th the correct information so we know which pier to go to. Guess we will find out soon. I'm going to email the company that runs the port and see what they have to say.

THANK YOU!! That will be great! I am on the same cruise as you are!

I hope it is Pier 4. I am doing back to backs and really wanted to be able to walk around OSJ on our "in transit" day.

Thanks again. :D :D

According to the information I have Continental Shipping, Inc. is in charge of the cruise ports not the Cruise plus that the OP talked about. Unless they've sold the company or given up the rights, who knows. Here is their website and the information on the ports they run.

http://www.continentalshipping.com/Port_of_San_Juan.htm

I emailed them to see if they can tell us the answer.

According to the information I have Continental Shipping, Inc. is in charge of the cruise ports not the Cruise plus that the OP talked about. Unless they've sold the company or given up the rights, who knows. Here is their website and the information on the ports they run.

http://www.continentalshipping.com/Port_of_San_Juan.htm

I emailed them to see if they can tell us the answer.

I found that website too but it doesn't show the Crown Princess in the Ship Calendars at all! I'll be curious as to what they tell you although the OP has now posted that my cruise (Oct 9th/06) will still be using Pier 4 as we are "just visiting". Hopefully for all on the cruises embarking in San Juan starting in November, they will still use Pier 4 too.

I don't see the big deal either. I don't think it matters what hotel you stay at relative to the pier. Might be a couple extra bucks for the cab ride...but that's about it.

As long as I know which one to go to...I'm fine with either.

Lucky you if it doesn’t matter to your plans. Maybe you'd like to pick up the taxi fare for the rest of us that were planning on being "IN" OSJ.

We expect to watch the ship come in from our room and wander across the street to board for lunch. Check out the ship and return to OSJ to look around for a while.

Return to the ship for dinner and return to OSJ for a while before we sail at 11PM.

Mid-cruise we return to OSJ at 6AM sailing at 11PM.

We're planning to catch the ferry to tour Bacardi then return to the ship for lunch. Tour around OSJ after lunch returning to the ship for dinner.

After dinner we'd likely check out OSJ prior to sailing.

Docked at the Pan American Pier that makes 11 taxi rides x $15 = $165 not counting all of the time lost riding around in a taxi instead of just hopping off of the ship....

Maybe worth looking at the Sea Princess out of Barbados instead if SJ is going to turn into either a pain or a sea day in port.

Continental Shipping is in charge of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises here In Puerto Rico . Cruise Plus is in charge of lacating Princess ships in San Juan, for the Info I have The crown was originaly going to old San Juan but the Port manager for princess here in the island make the arrangements to move her to the Pan american port because of her passenger capasity. The Crown Is bigger that the Golden Princess and they need a bigger port with capasity for more passengers I was told. There are 2 ports In The pan american Pier .

Cotact Info :

Cruise Plus

Direccion: CPS/HRM

1760 Fernandez Juncos, San Juan, PR 00909

E-Mail : logistics@cruplus.com

Fax: 787-982-8890

Continental Shipping is in charge of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises here In Puerto Rico . Cruise Plus is in charge of lacating Princess ships in San Juan, for the Info I have The crown was originaly going to old San Juan but the Port manager for princess here in the island make the arrangements to move her to the Pan american port because of her passenger capasity. The Crown Is bigger that the Golden Princess and they need a bigger port with capasity for more passengers I was told. There are 2 ports In The pan american Pier .

Cotact Info :

Cruise Plus

Direccion: CPS/HRM

1760 Fernandez Juncos, San Juan, PR 00909

E-Mail : logistics@cruplus.com

Fax: 787-982-8890

Thank you for this information. I have sent an email off now to them as well and hopefully one of the companies will be responding back to me with an answer.

Continental Shipping is in charge of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises here In Puerto Rico . Cruise Plus is in charge of lacating Princess ships in San Juan.

Just looked at a copy I have of an Eastern Crown Patter and the Ship's Agent for Princess in Puerto Rico is indeed Cruise Plus Services & Sales Inc.

Has anyone tried emailing them yet? (Don't want to overwhelm them!)

Just wondering though - how do these two companies coordinate who uses which pier??? There must be someone in charge of this otherwise they could both schedule use of the same pier on the same day by different ships!

The crown was originaly going to old San Juan but the Port manager for princess here in the island make the arrangements to move her to the Pan american port because of her passenger capasity. The Crown Is bigger that the Golden Princess and they need a bigger port with capasity for more passengers I was told.

Maybe they are trying to solve the problems previous cruises have had with immigration lines in SJ although jouset said they aren't switching until the first cruise that embarks in SJ. Maybe they just thought that was a logical time to make the switch.

Just looked at a copy I have of an Eastern Crown Patter and the Ship's Agent for Princess in Puerto Rico is indeed Cruise Plus Services & Sales Inc.

Has anyone tried emailing them yet? (Don't want to overwhelm them!)

Just wondering though - how do these two companies coordinate who uses which pier??? There must be someone in charge of this otherwise they could both schedule use of the same pier on the same day by different ships!

Maybe they are trying to solve the problems previous cruises have had with immigration lines in SJ although jouset said they aren't switching until the first cruise that embarks in SJ. Maybe they just thought that was a logical time to make the switch.

I've emailed both companies and we'll see if either reply. They are both different port agencies but there is someone in charge of the port as a whole so I'm sure they have to coordinate together like you have said.

Since the Crown won't need the passengers to go through immigration to disembark on the itinerary that has St Thomas as the last port I'm not sure this is the reason why. I would think it has to do with the amount of agents that are supplied, not facilities as much as it doesn't look like the terminal is that much smaller in Old San Juan than it is at the Pan American Pier.

Okay, this is just the strangest situation. Here is a copy of the email that I have received from the Cruise plus port agency.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Day.

The Vessel will be at Panamerican Pier East, this pier is located at the Isla Grande Area, close to Old san Juan ,

Regards,

Operations Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I just hung up with Princess and told them this information, they put me on hold for quite a while and spoke to the logistics department that is in charge of this area and she came back and said that is misinformation and we are still going to be embarking at the Pier 4 East pier located in Old San Juan across from the Sheraton. She claimed they were going to use the Pan American Pier but they are not using and that there has been some confusion. Princess' official stance is that we will be embarking at Pier 4 East in Old San Juan and that is what our tickets will show.

All I know is the ship better be at the pier I show up at!

Archived