Amenities in Staterooms

Songhee

I like to pack as little as possible and wonder if all of the staterooms on the Zuiderdam have: Terry cloth robes? Shampoo? Conditioner? Hair Dryers? Hand lotion? The sort of things that you find in good hotel rooms? If they have the above, are they decent quality? Thanks for your help.

I like to pack as little as possible and wonder if all of the staterooms on the Zuiderdam have: Terry cloth robes? Shampoo? Conditioner? Hair Dryers? Hand lotion? The sort of things that you find in good hotel rooms? If they have the above, are they decent quality? Thanks for your help.

Lotions and potions you may not want to bring if travel by airship is part of your time..

They confiscate these in carryons..

So pack them in stowed luggage.

What I have seen aboard is not the best things but adequate to some peoples needs.

A hairdryer I saw on the BB a lady said was not powerful enough for her so she had brought her own.. bring a MultiPlug Bar so you can plug in your devices...

The robes are not even American Cotton.. but are ok to cover up in.

if you have certain favorite things you like to use (lotions, body wash, etc) bring those. Same thing with hair care. personally, i like using my own, but i have not tried the new products they have now. The Royal Dutch suff did nothing for me.

They do not have terry cloth robes... waffle weave ones intead. They are very nice. I enjoy them!

They are using Elemis products onboard, we used them earlier this year and I was satisified. One group of things less to pack.

The dryer was,as stated, not very powerful but it did get the job done.

As for the robes normally I never brought one along so it was an added bonus. Our wasn't the softest but it fine for using while I was doing hair and make-up.

Missygirl

The new Elemis products - JMO - don't like. DH developed an alergy to them --- so now I am back to backing our own shampoos and conditioners and hand soap - Purell. I have always placed those in the suitcases - never did I put them in a carry-on.

Also found that when we tried the conditioner -- it was so thick you couldn't get it out of the bottle!!

There was a shower cap, next to the Elemis products, in my bathroom on the Zaandam. It's the small shower cap in a box, made of thin plastic, similar to what you find in hotel rooms.

There are also two different hair dryers in the rooms, one -- I've heard it is underpowered -- that is in the bathroom and a second one in the top drawer of the desk (I believe it was added as part of the SOE?), this second hair dryer is said to be much better. I didn't use either hair dryer so don't have first hand knowledge.

Also found that when we tried the conditioner -- it was so thick you couldn't get it out of the bottle!!

I tend to agree with you on this. Since you've mentioned this several times I thought I'd take the opportunity to let you know my solution: the first time or two I squeeze a dollop of the conditioner into my hand, then use.

After that there's a little room in the bottle so I add some water and shake like the dickens. That thins the conditioner just enough that I it comes out of the bottle, but still works well.

Archived