MS Noordam IV Glass Staircase..

AAAAmerican

BTW - Greg, have you booked for the Jan 6 cruise yet? Scotty just booked us yesterday...

<sigh>

As I have told both Scotty and Lady Bird ... there are certain factors which MUST be met first, not the least of which being the question of an election to the episcopacy. Right now it looks good for me being able to go (i.e., I'm almost certainly not going to be a candidate for bishop), but I'll know for sure by the time I board the Zaandam two weeks from Saturday.

<sigh>

As I have told both Scotty and Lady Bird ... there are certain factors which MUST be met first, not the least of which being the question of an election to the episcopacy. Right now it looks good for me being able to go (i.e., I'm almost certainly not going to be a candidate for bishop), but I'll know for sure by the time I board the Zaandam two weeks from Saturday.

I think it would be lovely to have the Bishop of Texas at our table...

...and you'd get to choose your own vacation schedule!

;) :)

S7S--

You're coming with us?

Hooray!

I hope you'll consider breaking your rule and join us for dinner sometimes

:D

Yes.....Brian. We are indeed coming on January 6 (assuming no unpleasant surprises pop-up).

Thank you for the invite to join you for dinner. That's very thoughtful of you and I know it would be great fun.

Can we say.......let's see?

You're right. We always have our table to ourselves....except for when an Officer joins us.

Drinks are a MUST!!! Ocean Bar? That pretty Pinnacle Bar? You name the place.

Greg......I hope it works out for you whichever way you want it to be. It would be great for you to be aboard.

OMG OMG!!! Do you have ANY idea how happy this thread has made John & me??!! Brian & Scotty are FINALLY booked for the reunion. the Bishop of Texas will there to say grace at dinner & I'm gonna get to meet Sail? Oh, Happy Day! :)

Brian, sweetie - You gotta stay away not only from that glass staircase, but all of the staircases. Use the elevator. Or the escalator that goes fore & aft. ;)

Copper - If you were looking at the ceiling of the Crow's Nest, to check out the mirrored floor's reflection, does that make you a dirty old man or a 15 year old? :D

I remember those beautiful stairs being a bit slippery. And when roped off when underway, some foolish pax being stupid enough to squeeze themselves around the velvet ropes to climb up or down those stairs. There's a perfectly safe staircase maybe 25ft way. :confused:

OMG OMG!!! Do you have ANY idea how happy this thread has made John & me??!! Brian & Scotty are FINALLY booked for the reunion. the Bishop of Texas will there to say grace at dinner & I'm gonna get to meet Sail? Oh, Happy Day! :)

Brian, sweetie - You gotta stay away not only from that glass staircase, but all of the staircases. Use the elevator. Or the escalator that goes fore & aft. ;)

Susan--

Thank Scotty - its entirely his doing that I'm booked.

Yes, avoiding staircases here - and the knee is much better these days...

Now be a good girl and say your prayers so that the Bishop of Texas can join us too!

;)

Copper - If you were looking at the ceiling of the Crow's Nest, to check out the mirrored floor's reflection, does that make you a dirty old man or a 15 year old? :D

I'm somewhere in the middle;) Sounds like you guys.....and gals are going to have a sweet time on Noordam

I think it would be lovely to have the Bishop of Texas at our table...

...and you'd get to choose your own vacation schedule!

;) :)

Firstly, if by some unforeseen calamity I were to be elected a Bishop they would NEVER assign me to Texas -- I'd probably get appointed to Nebraska. :D

Secondly, as the Senior Pastor of a church I get to choose my own vacation schedule with greater freedom than I would as a Bishop! Right now I get 5 weeks a year (minimum). As a Bishop it would probably take an Act of God to get me 3 weeks. :D That's yet ANOTHER reason why the Miter is NOT for me. :D

Greg......I hope it works out for you whichever way you want it to be. It would be great for you to be aboard.

Thank you, Sail. I WANT to be aboard. I PLAN on being aboard. I do NOT expect to be in the running for Bishop. I'm too dang young to wear the Miter and I just don't want to work that hard! :D

OMG OMG!!! Do you have ANY idea how happy this thread has made John & me??!! Brian & Scotty are FINALLY booked for the reunion. The Bishop of Texas will there to say grace at dinner & I'm gonna get to meet Sail? Oh, Happy Day! :)

Susan, dear ... I'll be happy to be aboard and bless all the wine you want me to bless. But I WON'T be wearing a Miter. Trust me. It ain't gonna happen. So, rejoice ...

Susan, dear ... I'll be happy to be aboard and bless all the wine you want me to bless. But I WON'T be wearing a Miter. Trust me. It ain't gonna happen. So, rejoice ...

Awww, c'mon, Bishop of Texas sounds so good. John's been going around all evening referring to you as "your eminence." Now he just asked me to ask if you have a cape? Darth Vader & Cardinal Richelieu both wore one SO well.......:D

Awww, c'mon, Bishop of Texas sounds so good. John's been going around all evening referring to you as "your eminence." Now he just asked me to ask if you have a cape? Darth Vader & Cardinal Richelieu both wore one SO well.......:D

FOFLMAO ...

Thank you ... I desperately NEEDED the laugh!

Tell John he can call me whatever he wants to call me ... just so long as it includes calling me (1) to dinner, and (2) to the bar. :D

As for the cape ... I don't like 'em, they're too hot here in Texas. I don't own a red cassock ... but one of my black cassocks already has red piping on it and I DO own a nice red Chimere. Will this do??

chimere2.jpg

;)

Archived