steveaaaa

Would you never sail because of an unfilled art order  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you never sail because of an unfilled art order

• Never ever,ever again
    • Never again.
    • Not at this time on this line.
    • I would sail only on a competing line
    • Of course I would continue to sail with who ever met my sailing needs and wants
    • Who cares?

I suppose it would depend on how the Cruise Line resolved the issue. Should it be the fault of the line or the auction company it was the line that contracted them and ultimately there responsibility. If they left it up to me to resolve the issue, I would probably go with another line.

I see it as an independent contractor as well: if this had happened to me, I doubt I would even be dealing with the cruise line, but rather the art company. Maybe as last resort I would try to get help from the cruise company. Of course this hasn't happened as I don't buy art on board a ship: this is one reason, there are others as well. NMnita

I don't think I'd sail again. I really don't get how NCL is off the hook on this one. NCL collected the money from the passengers. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

If I order something from Staples and it gets drop shipped from a manufacturer. If I don't get it, I would expect a refund from Staples.

It seems to me that the cruise lines are quick to "guarantee" purchases from stores in the Caribbean, but they don't "guarantee" that you'll get what you pay for on the ship?

I understand all the technicalities (sp?), I really don't understand NCL's exemption from it.

Too bad this poll will more then likely move. Perhaps to ask a cruise question board. Not NCL specific as posted even if it its tied to a current thread specific to NCL. :(
Sorry Jim...you're wrong. This thread has something to do with another very specific NCL thread so it can stay on this board. I realize you don't agree when things are moved to the correct forum but those are the board guidelines and I just administer them. I don't make them.

As for the topic at hand...I think I'd stop sailing NCL if they give in to anyone that's losing their mind over a delayed art order. I don't know if I could spend money with them in good conscience if they gave an inch to those people. It's understandable to be upset and want your art but to affix emotions to a contract...doesn't seem worth it to me. Contracts are legally binding. There is legal recourse when something goes bad. So why raise your blood pressure over it?

I don't think I'd sail again. I really don't get how NCL is off the hook on this one. NCL collected the money from the passengers. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I understand all the technicalities (sp?), I really don't understand NCL's exemption from it.

They aren't exempt. They're filling orders as quickly as they can with a new supplier and someone said NCL was offering refunds if they wanted that instead. For once, NCL is doing the right thing right away. it's just taking time to fill all the back orders.

I would cruise the cruiseline again, but I wouldn't do business with the art gallery/auctioneer anymore.

If I was in an art gallery who collected for cruises that had an NCL Kiosk in the corner and I bought a cruise from NCL that was cancelled and delayed over and over ...I'd not deal with NCL anymore. I'd still return to the art gallery

As a result of another thread,If you had an unfilled art order and you could simply dispute it with your credit card to get a refund,would you never sail with that line again?

I would've voted another way EXCEPT this post states that you the problem could be taken care of with a credit card refund so to me all things end well. I'd sail them, but avoid the art sales (which I do anyway). If the refund were a hassle, I'd avoid them until all was settled (and then I'd avoid the are sales ;) )

-Monte

They aren't exempt. They're filling orders as quickly as they can with a new supplier and someone said NCL was offering refunds if they wanted that instead. For once, NCL is doing the right thing right away. it's just taking time to fill all the back orders.

Then there isn't an issue. Customer has what they paid for. No reason for anyone to lose sleep, cancel cruise, etc.

If I was in an art gallery who collected for cruises that had an NCL Kiosk in the corner and I bought a cruise from NCL that was cancelled and delayed over and over ...I'd not deal with NCL anymore. I'd still return to the art gallery

I disagree. I my credit card show that I made a purchase from "Joe's art gallery," I would expect to get something from "Joe's art gallery."

Can you tell I don't buy much art.:)

I votes who cares.....new song -you gotta have art all you really need is art....

(somewhere in that song there is a line ..when you luck is batting zero---when you chin is on the floor mister you can be a hero you can open any door but to do it you have to have Art all you really need is art)...

If I order something from Staples and it gets drop shipped from a manufacturer. If I don't get it, I would expect a refund from Staples.

It seems to me that the cruise lines are quick to "guarantee" purchases from stores in the Caribbean, but they don't "guarantee" that you'll get what you pay for on the ship?

Interesting point, thats how it works in my business. If one of my vendors messes up, they dont' call the vendor they call me.

However, I kinda think that is comparing apples to oranges, becuase you are not going through NCL to purchase, NCL is simply providing the location aboard ship. It's like Fender days at Guitar Center (umm... thats relevant to me, IDK about anyone else), Fender comes in and sells guitars at the rates they choose, while Guitar Center makes profit a little profit on the side by letting Fender in. If I were to have a problem with the Tele (A guitar) I ordered, I would call Fender, not Guitar Center.

I am probably in the minority here but I don't see the art wholesaler as completely independent from NCL. If the art wholesaler collected money directly from me without me having (the key work is having) to pay through NCL then I could agree with you. The fact is that NCL has put themselves directly between the purchaser and the seller making them part of the transaction. I understand that sometimes things happen that are outside the cruise lines control but would at least expect the cruiseline to contact me to tell me what is going on and what they are doing to fix it. People shouldn't have to try and find out why they haven't gotten their artwork from an online cruise forum. If the cruise passanger was promised their artwork in 4-6 weeks and 6 weeks has passed I would expect the cruise line to have contacted them to explain why. That being said, since this hasn't happened to me and I dont' buy art I am still going to sail on NCL.

Keith

I think I'd stop sailing NCL if they give in to anyone that's losing their mind over a delayed art order. I don't know if I could spend money with them in good conscience if they gave an inch to those people. It's understandable to be upset and want your art but to affix emotions to a contract...doesn't seem worth it to me. Contracts are legally binding. There is legal recourse when something goes bad. So why raise your blood pressure over it?

Come on Host Cecilia, you would never stop sailing with NCL, even if they did manage to do the right thing in this case. I lost my mind a long time ago so I can't argue that point but a 'delayed' art order I have to take issue. The correct phrasing should probably be 'never received art order'. If NCL had a good conscience they would have, at minimum, contacted the effected customers. I do appreciate your concern over my blood pressure, however. :)

The beauty of message boards and this community is that enables us to communicate. It gives consumers more power. If someone is trying to decide on a cruiseline, maybe this information will help them narrow their choices.

Peace out.

I just don't get why a cruise ship is a good place to buy art. I just plain do not get it.

By the way, NCL should stand behind this whole thing and fix it someway or another, which some people say they are, and some say they are not.

Come on Host Cecilia, you would never stop sailing with NCL, even if they did manage to do the right thing in this case.
Shows how little you know about me and my cruising habits.
I lost my mind a long time ago so I can't argue that point but a 'delayed' art order I have to take issue. The correct phrasing should probably be 'never received art order'.
More correct would be "yet to be received art order." Although, if I remember correctly, it was your sister that had the problem and NCL gave her a full refund with no questions asked. What damage has been done to you because of the art problems? Does your "frustrated over not getting the cheeseburger you ordered" argument mean your 10,000 times more frustrated because you have no art order on the line or your sister is 10,000 times more frustrated because she never got her art but got a full refund?

Archived