Grenada??

alrohaka

We will be visiting Grenada on our forthcoming Caribbean cruise on P&O's Oriana in Novenber this year. There are so many good ideas posted for all our other ports of call but I can not find any for Grenada. Please, some ideas on specifically whether to take any of the cruise line's shore excursions or can we do it alone by taxi or local tour operator which is what we prefer.Hope someone can help.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be visiting Grenada on our forthcoming Caribbean cruise on P&O's Oriana in Novenber this year. There are so many good ideas posted for all our other ports of call but I can not find any for Grenada. Please, some ideas on specifically whether to take any of the cruise line's shore excursions or can we do it alone by taxi or local tour operator which is what we prefer.Hope someone can help.

For an island tour I would recommend Mandoo, his web site is mandoo@grenadatours.com

• 2 years later...

We met a very nice gentleman when we toured with him in January on the Emerald Princess. I asked him for information and you can contact him if you like. We called him (Everybody Loves Raymond). Have fun.

A tour would last about 2 1/2-3 hours.

Places visited:

Annadale Falls

Grand Etang Rain Forest (including Grand Etang lake)

Fort Frederick

Laura Land Spice Plantation

Grand Anse or Morne Rouge Beach

The bus can hold 10 persons comfortably.

The charge per tour is as follows:

1-4 persons---------US$150.00 flat

5-10 persons--------US$25 per person

I assure you that visitors would be safe and well take care of and I would enjoy their visit to our island.

Persons can use this email to address to contact me.

Raymond r.ptours@hotmail.com Everybody Loves Raymond

• 3 weeks later...

We have been there in January (Galaxy) and rented a car at the Shell station. We went up to the Concord Falls and to Gouyave. From there we took the road to Greenville and drove trough the lush island, meeting nearly no one. It was a very senic drive. After that we drove to the Grand Etang Lake but didn´t see any of the monkeys. After that we went to the mourne Rough Beach as the Grand Anse was very busy and had some nice hours at the beach. The Jeep was about $ 50 and maybe $20 for gas.

We had a great time.

I want to second Denboy's recommendation of Mandoo. We've booked him both times we were in Grenada, and he is absolutely wonderful. He'll show you the best of Grenada, all the while commenting on everything from history to geography to economics to tourism--and everything in between. He even furnishes lunch with the cost of the tour--and it's wonderful! You can't go wrong with Mandoo, and he'll make sure you don't miss anything, from the spice plantations to the rain forest to the beaches! I can't imagine seeing Grenada any other way! You can reach him at mandoo@grenadatours.com

Have a great cruise! :)

GG

Archived