Dear Jack...an open letter from XSNOBS.

Danno

Now that we have this lobby group of enormous power ;) I think it's time to let the brass at Celebrity know that there is a quiet faction out there that holds dear some aspects of cruising that may be lost on the corperate bean counters...these may be changes to policy, decor, menu, rules of pax behavior, rules of crew behavior, pricing, etc., etc., etc....

Just to get us started, a pet peeve....

- Walkies-talkies should be forbidden EXCEPT when provided by the ship to a pax for emergency use i.e. sick companion in ships hospital.

- Proper attire should be REQUIRED for all public rooms for the entire evening on formal and semi-formal nights. This would exclude the casual dining area, library and pool area. Admittance would simply be refused to any area that has entertainment and the main diningroom.

any more team.....

I would like to see the single supplement lowered in, maybe the last 30 days before sailing on ships that are not sold out to give us singles a chance to pick up a bargain now and then. I know we take up a whole cabin, but sometimes those cabins sail empty when a single would be in there if they could afford it. Case in point, Lois, having to go to HAL because they do such a much better job accomodating singles. :)

Right on! I don't want it for free. I want X to make money and keep those high standards. Just want them to be competitive where singles are concerned.

Maybe it could be a perk for multisailings through Captains Club? Sail 6 times and single supplement would drop to 125%?

Lois?

Maybe its me...and I know they are trying "to make a profit"....

IF IF IF....cabins are available....why can't they take my 500.00 or 600.00 instead of having a cabin left empty??? I don't require a high category!

Just an inside cabin...! IF there was a way I could have sailed on Celebrity in Sept I would have....

Dear Jack, yes, I love your product but have to sail someone else for this one....any way you can help me out?

Sorry...I wasn't arguing the "singles" point, I think it's valid...my point was if rates keep going lower and lower we'll all be cruising on garbage barges!!

- Get rid of those silly "save the waves" name tags on staff uniforms. They don't match the uniform style and they look quite odd. A name tag with the person's name slightly larger and their country of origin would be nice...the current tag is difficult to read and I prefer to know the servers name.

Yes, yes.

I can sail on 30 days notice == or even seven days.

There is not everyone I would like to share a cabin with for seen to 14 days. Yet to sail alone is to pay for a nonexistent person!

Makes it hard on people like me -- and Lois.

So lower the singles rate for unfilled space. I will gladly take an inside room, down in the middle of ths ship somewhere.

love

joan

Ok we've agreed...singles need help on pricing.

- Rethink the Captain's Club...in time the ship will be 80% full with CC members. How will you ever begin to offer perks when most on board are entitled to them??

Ok we've agreed...singles need help on pricing.

- Rethink the Captain's Club...in time the ship will be 80% full with CC members. How will you ever begin to offer perks when most on board are entitled to them??

Totally agree Danno!!!Will gladly pay my $35. fee again,,you made a really good point....Think they will listen????doubtful,,,Okay so now we will get reply's that we really are XSnobs....

Ann

Okay so now we will get reply's that we really are XSnobs....

Ann

I don't think so...it's not a "snob" thing, it's a numbers thing. How do you give "priority disembarkation" to 950 people?? Already the CC line at check-in can exceed the length of the non-CC line. In exchange for loyalty you offer perks...you have to be able to deliver. And if the day comes that X and RCL allow crossover the CC will become all but non-existent.

Plain and simple:

Just ENFORCE the rules and regulations ALREADY set on the ships; i.e. no jeans in the dining room, proper dress for each evenings activities, no jumping in the pools, no kids left unattending in the pool, etc. etc. If you have to hire more security and raise the prices to do so, then do it. Nothing irks me more than having "rules" and doing nothing to make sure they are not broken.

Okay, that's my 2 cents.

I don't think so...it's not a "snob" thing, it's a numbers thing. How do you give "priority disembarkation" to 950 people?? Already the CC line at check-in can exceed the length of the non-CC line. In exchange for loyalty you offer perks...you have to be able to deliver. And if the day comes that X and RCL allow crossover the CC will become all but non-existent.

Maybe the "Founders" could have a separate line. Surely that's a smaller group. I agree with you that they need to offer perks to loyal cruisers.

Garry

I agree will altering the Captain's Club. Instead of basing it on the number of cruises, base it on the number of days at sea. Why punish those of us who like to take longer cruises. Besides, what happens if they ever merge, Heaven forbid, the Captain's Club and the Crown and Anchor Club. Should someone who's sailed 10 3 day cruises on RCL get the same or better perks as someone who has taken say 6 10 day cruises.

There is talk of Celebrity starting some less than 7 day cruises. That benifits those who live near a port and can take a long weekend whereas I need to take the longer cruises since I fly to port.

Maybe another...

- Quit sending out coupons for cruises that we have ALREADY booked then arguing that they cannot be redeemed...this just makes loyal pax angry and does nothing to enhance the goodwill between X and us.

In fact, charge a fair price and forget about coupons all together.

The priority embarkation is a big issue.

On our first X trip, we sat, like the great unwashed immigrants waiting to have our eyes checked by the health inspectors at Ellis Island during the early 1900s.

On our last trip, we were in a Suite. Talk about feeling like ROYALTY. We were whisked in, treated like VIPs. We were on the ship and in our suite before we knew it. IT was terrific.

Now there is the same perk for the CC cabins. From what I have read, the number of those will also be raised.

So basically the only people left to sit on the benches will be the poor souls who have never sailed X before and a few inside cabin people.

Somehow I cannot see the priority embarkation being swift in that case.

Please Jack,

Listen to our pleas, ENFORCE the existing rules and we will all be happy. (Not that we are difficult to get along with. We are well mannered and gracious.)

Maybe the "Founders" could have a separate line. Surely that's a smaller group. I agree with you that they need to offer perks to loyal cruisers.

Garry

Needless to say I would be delighted with that :D . I think ALL Founders should be given special perks, BUT, these should not surpass what is awarded to those with 10+ cruise on X who are not Founders. After 10 cruises they deserve as much....

From the Celebrity Website:

classic level benefits

Double sailing credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

Regards

I believe that the double sailing credit also applies to Suites and CC class.

I had HIGH hopes that my Suite Sailing on Century last Xmas would give me double credit, but alas, no back dating on that one.

On my upcoming B2B I am supposed to have my status elevated after the first portion.

Heck, one would hope that a 29 day relationship would have some perks. :)

(other than the OBVIOUS. That being the fact that it is one incredible perk to have that much celebrity treatment.)

I am a Founder's Member so I would go for us getting the perks! :) I would also gladly pay for Captains Club. Never wanted it to be free! I was happy paying. :)

Listen up, more revenue! Got that guys, we're willing to pay if we can actually get the perks and they mean something!

I totally agree that there should be a fee for Captains Club.

Perhaps Jack might consider charging a fee and counting all the previous cruises taken. (In other words, do not start from scratch, simply eliminate the benefits from those who are not willing to pay for them.) I hope that I do not appear to be elitist, for that is not my intent. It just seems that pretty soon, 75% of the cruisers will be pushing to get the early embarkation. That hardly seems like a perk then.

Archived