LA to hawaii

robanddiane

We cruised LA / Hawaii / LA on the Island Princess in January of this year, and had a wonderful trip. The seas were NOT rough while sailing in either direction. We had expected roughness because of what others have said, but, whether it was just luck or the time of the year, we had no problem. And others have reported missing ports while in Hawaii due to roughness, and we made all 5 of our ports.

We've booked a repeat of this cruise in 2008. That's how great it was.

I'd say, go for it, and book a cabin midship, just in case.

I always say to expect the worst and if it's not so bad all the better. I would expect the seas to be choppy the first two days out and the last to days on the return. And, I would just pick the date to go based on what is best for your schedule and what weeks the cruises sail to and from Hawaii. The same goes for the weather in Hawaii. It's going to be unpredictable and you might be there when it's rainy or you might miss it. We are there in March/April on the Summit and while there were record rains, we seemed to miss all of the rain by a day or two at each Island we visited.

It's a great cruise. Just prepare for some choppy seas before you go and try to get a cabin that is mid ship and on one of the lower decks.

Keith

Archived