Rose Hall House

spintowin

We didn't go, but we were just with friends that went last week and loved it. They are very into things like that, and really enjoyed it.

We were there from Montego Bay, so I don't know about the other port.

i have been there, but only from mo bay. i was just in ochie on thursday. i would gander to say it would be a bit far if you are only allowed ~6-8hrs in port.

their roads are NOTHING like ours. it might say it is 75miles away...but i almost promise it would take at least 2 hours to get there from ochie.

i would not chance it.

i think its 3 hours drive from ocho to montego bay- rose hall is back towards ocho but not a significant distance- we have done rose hall- were in jamaica for a convention for 5 nights- one of the reception dinners was held on the grounds- bought the book white witch of rose hall- very interesting read- beautiful place -

You might want to look into a tour with Carolyn Barrett. She is an American married to a Jamaican who has lived there for about 15-20 yrs. She comes very highly recommended on these boards. I think her e-mail is carolynbarretttours.com, but I am not positive about that. You might find more info about her on the Ports of Call board.

Despite all the negative things said about Jamaica, once you get away from the area right where the ship docks, it is a beautiful country with beautiful and interesting things to see. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. I guess We'll be staying on the ship because the falls don"t sound so great and haven't seen much else to do. Any ideas?:confused:

You may want to try and contact Phil Lafayette. He offers all types of excursions. Fern Gully, River Tubing, the falls, sight seeing, etc. His web site is phil-lafayette-tours.com.

Dona :)

Thanks for the info. I guess We'll be staying on the ship because the falls don"t sound so great and haven't seen much else to do. Any ideas?:confused:

i was not interested in doing tourist stuff either. i LOVED jamaica (been before to other cities) but ochie is a giant cestpool imo.

if i ever went back, all my time will be spent at margaritville/island village. they have a great beach behind the bar and if you dont like that, their pool is fun too.

i had a BLAST sliding down the water slide there!!

\

Feel the same way, good port to enjoy the ship while it is quiet. No desire to get off in Jamaica at all.

Spintowin,

We were at the Rose Hall Great House last month when we were on the Freedom. We have pictures of it in the cruise review on our website www.thepreismans.com . It is an intersting place to visit and we enjoyed it, but it is not worth a two hour bus drive to see it.

Mike & Carol-Wow!!! Thank-you for sharing your photos and thoughts of your Freedom Cruise. I think this is the BEST POST I have ever seen-you did a tremendous job-with the pictures and the "narration". Here I am waiting to go on my 2nd cruise in Dec on the Jewel and now I am itching to go on The Freedom-my lovely husband is going to disown me if I even suggest another cruise before we have completed this one. This write up you two did will be the reason we cruise on Freedom next go round! Thanks again for being honest and keeping us all in tune with Freedom of the Sea. Keep up the great reporting!!!!!! Susie P.S Have any info or pics of The Jewel???

Thank you Susie. If you go back to our website and look at the British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise review, it was on the Jewel of the Seas. It should give you a good idea what to expect. It is a lovely ship and it and it's sister, Brilliance arer our favorite RCI ships.

Archived