Jetblue....warning

jennew

Some people feel this way. In my case- as a single mother of two- Southwest is just great. There are so many convenient nonstops (I never have to take an early AM flight) and I love being able to fly in and out of different cities, change my plans, cancel at the last minute, etc. For me the convenience is worth not having assigned seats. Having said that, if your children are 4 and under- you board ahead of the other passengers and get to pick your seats! So for those traveling with a small child- this is a real advantage.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

Southwest is only great depending on where you live. To get from where I live to FLL it requires at least one plane change if not more plus it requires you to fly in a day in advance and leave a day later because the flight times don't work with cruises. Same with a lot of other cruise ports. PLUS they are usually as expensive (or more expensive) than other airlines from area, except to Texas.

Departing from JFK on Jet Blue has turned into a very long process. They unfortunately have added service to so many new destinations that the current facility is inadequate. I also think that it has created some of the confusion that the OP noted. They are growing too fast and the ease and customer service have really deteriorated.The lines were long, and then we needed to get bused to a temporary terminal.

Until they are up and running in their new terminal, I'll fly out of LGA on another carrier. This last spring break, jet blue's fares to San Juan where not competitive either. Go figure.

I will give them a chance this spring break as I am pricing air now, as long as they have completed their terminal.

rebeccalouise - for some of us, Southwest is the worst option (while it may be the best option for you).

I couldn't agree more. They are a last resort for me and I'll do just about anything to avoid flying with them. I just can't stand that airline. I feel like we're cattle being herded on to the cattle truck. Can't stand their silliness and their unprofessionalism too. If I wanted to hear jokes, I would've gone to see a comedian. :rolleyes:

I’m sorry to hear you had all those troubles; thank goodness for that extra day. I always fly in a day before my cruise and have needed that extra day quite often due to travel problems that have nothing to do with an airline as they do Mother Nature. (Last yaer it was hurricane Wilma the week we were sailing and it closed FLL.)

Sorry to hear that your trouble was on JetBlue. I love JetBlue and make an effort to fly with them. Of course they have opted to make Boston their hub so we do have lots of flights each day. It is very unfortunate that nobody bothered to tell you that Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm and Miami are all within easy reach of each other so you could have just stayed on the plane you were on. I have been into each for cruises out of FLL and MIA and taken and cab or rented a car to get to the correct city easily.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise and have better luck on your next one.

I agree with this.

I don't really like flying Southwest and my husband hates it since there aren't seat assingments. Without a seat assignment you aren't guaranteed getting on the plane if you are in that C group if the plane is oversold while if you do have a seat assignment you have a guaranteed seat as long as you arrive on time.

I've seen southwest depart late quite a bit lately out of Fort Myers just as much as Jetblue so they all have problems with this at times.

Before SWA came to Sacramento, it cost about $400 to fly to Los Angeles, now its $99 or less. SWA, like other airlines, allow you to print your boarding pass the day before thus avoiding the "dreaded" C line. They also have one of the best on-time records of any of the major airlines. If they flew to more cities, they would be my only airline..

Archived