Time to open up a can of worms. Swim Diapers?

redneck_dan

Oh now Cruise for Two, that is a whole other can of worms!!! LOL!!! This post could go on for days on that subject.... I personally would not bring an infant on a cruise.... pay all that money for something they willl NEVER remember?? All parents deserve an adult only vacation from time to time... My sister is leaving her 1 year old with his grandparents for our cruise, and while she will miss him terribly, she is looking SO forward to some adult time... She loves her son, and has been a very devoted mother, but it is something every person needs.... Just my opinion.

i said i'd be controversial...lol

i'm not one to talk actually...i never felt the desire to have children, so i know nothing about taking them on vacation...

when i was on the brilliance last april, they had to rearrange the dining times because there were over 500 kids on board. :eek:
scared me 1/2 to death! lol
i can certainly understand how your sister feels...adults NEED adult time!

so...back to the baby ruth's and peeing in the pool....rofl!!!!
i bet i was 6 when i stopped peeing in a pool. if i keep getting older, i guess the day will come when i'll do it again!!!
can you go in a pool with depends??? i'm not sure they'd fit in my bikini.
maybe i can try serenity...i keep seeing them on tv!!!!!!!
ok, i've gotten silly enough for one morning...
off to make the donuts!

by the way...goin....LOVE the picture!!!

Ok you guys,
Thanks to the eye opening posts about what really goes on in the pools:eek: I've banned my kids from using the pools. My 10 year old seems disappointed :( - he was looking forward to using the water slide, how safe is the water in the slide? Do people stay in the part of it that you 'land' in???
I never intended to use the pools - I prefer the ocean/sea - as the main/only reason I go in the sea is to snorkel.
This is all way too gross!

Barb, really... it's like that in any public pool... your daughter will have a great time. I'm not sure about other slides, but on the Sensation, it was tough coming down the slide because people would hang around in that area... My BF collided into a kid when he came down... they usually scurry out of the way, but this kid was not paying attention. The pool is very refreshing, but for us, there were far too many kids in the pool to actually enjoy it... kept getting kicked in the head every few minutes.... We really didn't try any of the other pools, which I am thinking we should have... there was nothing floating in the pool though :D

So they land in a regular pool that people are in then?
I'll have to play this by ear, I think. It seems that I'm goin' to have to play a lot by ear with this being our first cruise.
I just loathe the idea of someone using the pools as a toilet and my kids swallowing it:eek: . They only swim in the sea and probably would swallow pool water without giving it a second thought!
BTW :) - I have no daughters! It was funny to see your post mentioning 'your daughter' as I'm the 'never wanted daughters - gimme 6 sons please' person in our family. (I have 3 sons! - 6 would have killed me!!):D

Barb - on the Destiny the water slide does not end in a pool, the slide flattens out at the end and you just climb out. It is not set up to where people can just hang out in the water at the end of the slide, so I wouldn't stop the kids from enjoying the slide.

Barb, that is just on the Sensation, I know the pools are laid out different on different ships (I know some actually have a waterslide that goes into a separate area).... As for swallowing pool water, it's not just a cruiseship thing, I am pretty sure people (kids AND adults) do it everywhere including community pools and the ocean... and while it is a gross thought, try to put it out of your head. My parents always told me when I was a kid that if you peed in the pool the water would turn purple, so I guess I always had this huge fear about it!!:D You will love your cruise... the pool is nice and refreshing but it really is full of kids, I'm sure your kids will enjoy it and meet alot of friends there....

Hi Snowball,
[i]I thank you, my son thanks you.....[/i]
Now I have this information peace will reign in our house, I will no longer be viewed as the 'Mom who always finds a way to spoil my fun', I will be popular today.... until somethin' else comes up that I have to say 'no' about [i]:rolleyes:.[/i]
Seriously though, this is just what I needed to hear! Thanks again!

Goin'Cruisin',
I'm wondering how many kids will be cruisin' late September. We booked our cruise for that time because it was less expensive, and I'm thinking that there will be a drop in the amount of kids on this cruise, I'm not a 100% sure though. Maybe parents had the same money saving idea that I had?

Barb, probably not AS crowded as say, July... but there will always be alot of kids, especially with year round schools and especially because of the great rates. Even in July, it was bearable... The only place we noticed a ton of kids was at the pool... the ship is so big. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our cruise and I am sure you will too. There are SO MANY things for kids to do on that ship, I don't think kids could ever get bored!!!!

[b][i]Goin'Cruisin' - We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our cruise and I am sure you will too. There are SO MANY things for kids to do on that ship, I don't think kids could ever get bored!!!![/i][/b]
[b][/b]
I was born tanned! (the boys too) So I hadn't planned to spend any time by the pools or sunbathing, in fact I'm thinking serious about posting a question about what to slather on in order [i][b]not[/b][/i] to tan!:)
As you say, there seems to be so many other things to do that my kids probably won't miss the regular pools much at all! At least now I won't have to be going there to check on them - I'll just let them do the slide when they want to and we're done!

[quote name='Salty Dawg']Livtojump,

Depends... is it a thong??? :eek:[/QUOTE]
Nope.....only when I wear the chaps :D

[quote name='redneck_dan']All this talk of Baby Ruths made me want one so I got one today. (Not to be confused with the Baby Rut in the Caddyshack pool.)[/QUOTE]
Anyone need a refill on their tea?

[quote name='GoinCruisin'][size=6]EEEWWWWWWEEEEE!!!!!!! :eek:[/size]

Whole new meaning to "tea-baggin"... :eek:[/QUOTE]
Ummmmm.....I would hope not...at least by the definition I'm aware of.

My brother and sister-in-law told me a story that on one of their cruises, they got into the hot tub...she said there were two young men sitting when they got there.....she said that out of nowhere one of the young men got this strange look on his face....and after several seconds let out this long sigh....she said it's the kind of sighs that one make when they first sit down in the hot tub...but these two guys were already sitting there when they arrived. So, my brother-in-law said that the look and the sigh was very familiar....its just that he normally does it standing up.

So he came right out and asked the young man if he had relieved himself. And he said that the answer actually shocked him...."Yea - Where did you think that I was supposed to go".

Due to medical reasons I cannot get into a hot tup....but after they told me that story I vowed that I would never get into a pool or hot tub on a cruise ship.

You guys are too funny! I'm taking my first Carnival cruise in November (I've only cruised on Princess the last 4 times) and after reading all these posts, I think I'm going to have a ball. Seems like most of you are a fun group of people. Can't wait!

Julia

[quote name='juliethecruiser']You guys are too funny! I'm taking my first Carnival cruise in November (I've only cruised on Princess the last 4 times) and after reading all these posts, I think I'm going to have a ball. Seems like most of you are a fun group of people. Can't wait!

Julia[/QUOTE]
Julia, I can't wait to try Princess some day! Yes, the people on this board ARE a lot of fun and the people on the ship are just as much fun. Don't listen to the cynics. Every cruise line has it's plusses and minusses (sp).

Archived