Cabanas or ???????

cruisnfool

Clamshells are clamshells. They are a 1/2 cover over 2 loungers.

Cabanas are huts that are open in the front. They have a roof and a porch. There's a dining table and fridge inside, and an air conditioner and shower. They also come with toys.

The clamshells are $9 for two people. The cabanas are (I forget exactly) close to $300 for up to 4 people.

The Blue Clamshell is an chaise lounge chair umbrella contraption, while the HAL cabana is more like an air conditioned beach hut with shower facilities.

I have never had a cabana and dare not go beyond ths basic description. Others will chime in.

Clamshells are clamshells. They are a 1/2 cover over 2 loungers.

Cabanas are huts that are open in the front. They have a roof and a porch. There's a dining table and fridge inside, and an air conditioner and shower. They also come with toys.

The clamshells are $9 for two people. The cabanas are (I forget exactly) close to $300 for up to 4 people.

Ooops. We crossed and as usual, knew more than I.

The cabanas are 219 I believe we paid for our upcoming trip for up to four people. We want to do the butler upgrade which is an additional 270. Those two things are our big splurges on the trip. Be nice if we could find two more people to share with but maybe on the trip. Have fun on your trip!

The blue clamshells are really nice. You book it ahead or through shore excursions once you get on the ship. The earlier you get off the ship, the better chance you have a selecting a nice one. The later you get there, you get what is left. Well worth the price.

The price of the cabanas has gotten out of hand!!

The price of the cabanas has gotten out of hand!!

I agree with you, KK. When the cabanas started (there were only 4) they were below $100, if memory serves me. The problem was not the cost- it was that there were only the 4, sor S and PS pax only and you couldn't reserve until you were on the ship. We had the pink one on the Rotterdam in 2003 and pax thought that was the most desirable.

They are now $219 for exactly the same cabana and food. The supply of cabanas has increased, but obviously the demand and price has gone up even more.

Archived