Celebrity Air?

geoherb

The price of adding our airline tickets to our cruise is cheaper than buying airfare on our own. We haven't used a cruise line's airfare in a long time--usually preferring to fly to the port at day in advance.

I worry about not getting to the ship on time if they fly us down the day of the cruise. What's the Celebrity's policy? Do they have to fly us to the first port if for some reason the plane they book us on doesn't make it in time?

You'll also get the transfers to the ship and back included in the package.Arriving a day ahead is always a good idea it leaves room for error or delays that can occur.I've always been on time and don't no of anyone who missed a boarding.Maybe there's somebody out there who can share their experience with us! I have seen people standing on the dock as the ship moved away from a port of call.

Thanks for the response. It's become a moot question since I've booked us on a Princess ship instead. That one leaves from Fort Lauderdale. For some reason (probably because Southwest Airlines flies there), we can get cheaper flights to it than we can to Miami.

Celebrity air was $339 pp. The cheapest I found on the major websites was $600 (to fly back the afternoon after our cruise). There were some for around $360 to fly back the next morning. Our flights to and from FLL are cheaper--even though we're going right before Christmas and coming back between Christmas and New Year's.

Geoherb, you know you can use FLL for cruises out of Miami as well. You aren't stuck with flying into MIA for Miami cruises. In fact, the cruiselines will frequently fly cruisers into one or the other for cruises out of either port. My first time I sailed out of Miami, RCCL had us fly into FLL and back home out of MIA.

If you miss your departure from Miami or Ft.Lauderdale and your ship is headed to Key West next day you cannot join the ship there at Key West because of 1- Homeland Security 2- the ships dock on Naval base - they don't allow new boarding and baggage to be brought through the navy base so you end up having to join the ship on the third day - Cozumel.

In February I saw dozens and dozens of really angry passengers with their luggage being tendered out to three different ships that were at Cozumel on the same day. One family I spoke with had missed their flight in Washington DC by minutes - not the actual flight but the one and a half hour pre-boarding gate-time by minutes..... that's your homeland security!

Archived