When will the muster drill be on the

osiebosie

Constellation out of Cape Liberty if we sail at 5pm? Before we sail? After dinner? Surely not while we are sailing past Lady Liberty!

DH and I got to talking about it last night, and couldn't figure it out. We're on the 10/16 cruise.

Thanks,

Shay

Constellation out of Cape Liberty if we sail at 5pm? Before we sail? After dinner? Surely not while we are sailing past Lady Liberty!

DH and I got to talking about it last night, and couldn't figure it out. We're on the 10/16 cruise.

Thanks,

Shay

Osie I am on the cruise just before you and usually they will have it around 4:15 to 4:30p.m. Granted I have not been on the Constellation but was on the Infinity who left at 5p.m. and that is when we had it. Hopefully that will be the time when they have it so that we can enjoy sailaway.

Marilyn

Thanks,

Shay

Bring your binoculars, when sailing out of Cape Liberty you don't go by the statue.

We don't go by the Statue? It looks like we do, on the map. We have some good binocs, which we always cruise with. Will we be able to see it with them, or is it going to be just too far away? What a downer. :(

Will there be anything neat to see sailing out of Cape Liberty?

Thanks,

Shay

We don't go by the Statue? It looks like we do, on the map. We have some good binocs, which we always cruise with. Will we be able to see it with them, or is it going to be just too far away? What a downer. :(

Will there be anything neat to see sailing out of Cape Liberty?

Thanks,

Shay

Bayonne is south of Liberty Island.

To be geographically precise, the ship actually doesn't sail down the Hudson River--it is already in Upper New York Harbor when it leaves the slip in Bayonne.

The ship reaches the Verrazano Narrows Bridge very soon after leaving the Bayonne terminal. (About 15 minutes or less.)

Just as you depart Bayonne, there's an interesting little lighthouse on the starboard side.

After you pass under the bridge, you'll see the Coney Island Amusement Park on the port side, while you'll pass Sandy Hook, NJ, on the starboard side.

(Theoretically, you should be able to make out Atlantic Highlands, NJ, at the same time--behind Sandy Hook. It's the highest point on the east coast of the U.S. & is topped by a double lighthouse. However, I've never been quite able to distinguish it, even with binoculars.)

In my two sailings on Celebrity, the lifeboat muster drill occurred just before sailing. On a 5 pm sailing, it generally starts around 4 or 4:15, and concludes shortly before 5. You make a mad dash down (or up) to your stateroom to stow your life vest, then another mad dash up to an open deck to see that the ship is almost imperceptibly moving out into the slipway. A wonderful & exciting moment!:)

Post Captain thanks alot for your description on what we see as we leave Cape Liberty. I knew that we went under the bridge but did not know about Coney Island. We will be sailing next week on the Constellation. Again thank you very much.

marilyn

Archived