Benifits of a CC oceanview on Zenith??

kc320

I am looking at taking my 1st cruise on Celebrity Nov. 07, a 4 nighter out of Tampa on the Zenith. Since there would be 3 of us going I was looking at the pricing for suites but they are out of our budget. The next level is CC class ocean view. Are there any Perks or Benefits to booking this over a regular OV? Both are 172sf, the only extra I noticed was a mini-bar but I think we could live without that.

I will also be Diamond then on RCCL & I understand that get's me Capt. Club benefits on X as well. Are there coupons or anything like Crown & Anchor?

Thanks in advance!

I am looking at taking my 1st cruise on Celebrity Nov. 07, a 4 nighter out of Tampa on the Zenith. Since there would be 3 of us going I was looking at the pricing for suites but they are out of our budget. The next level is CC class ocean view. Are there any Perks or Benefits to booking this over a regular OV? Both are 172sf, the only extra I noticed was a mini-bar but I think we could live without that.

I will also be Diamond then on RCCL & I understand that get's me Capt. Club benefits on X as well. Are there coupons or anything like Crown & Anchor?

Thanks in advance!

YOu get different linens and shower head, as well as afternoon snacks. I don't remember what else you get, but you will get lots of answers on this one.

I believe Diamond transfers to Elite; you will get at least 1 party and maybe some behind the scene tours. The benefits can't touch what RCL gives you.

Sorry The cross over benifits are unclear to me. I'm sure you would get ON/OFF priority though.

The CC cabins on theZenith I think are the reason for the CC cat.on X. (My theory anyways). The rooms are all basicly the same (Horizon was too) all over the ship. The CC floor however was (still is) directly below the pool deck and windsurf cafe. Noise from above could be a concern. They added the CC perks to balnce this off I think.

Thanks for the help. I was on the Empress last year on deck 9 which was below the pool deck. Took my earplugs & didn't have a problem, so that should be ok.

From what I understand being Elite also get's me a 1 cat. upgrade, but of course it doesn't apply to CC cabins. Thinking about just booking the cheaper cabin & doing the upgrade. Treats in the room are nice, but it's not like I can't find something to eat around the ship.;)

You didn't mention what the price differential was between the CC and cat 4--the next level down oceanview.

To me, having been on Zenith several times, there is no big difference between the rooms at all. The CC has a small loveseat where the oceanview has a chair! Otherwise, I believe the rooms themselves are pretty much identical.

So price and location are the only real variables, plus if you really think you will benefit with the little goodies they list. To me that goody list is not that big a deal. JMO.

For the sailing I am looking at there is only a $40pp difference between a 4 & the CC. That is IF I understand correctly that as an Elite member I can book a cat. 5 & upgrade to a Cat. 4??

I'm thinking I will just stick with the regular cabin, I just wondered if they were any special benefit to the CC. It's for sure I won't go hungry without the treats in the cabin!:D

Now I just have to wait 33 more days so I can book it onboard for the shipboard credit!

Is this for '06 or '07? Because I am booked on Z this November 3rd for a 14 night cruise to the caribbean.

I took the CC because it was $16 cheaper than the inside I had originally booked.

I do like the pillowtop mattress, the down pillows, the down duvet, higher threadcount sheets, fresh flowers, nicer towels, a real bath mat, etc.

Sorry, but Elite perks are no where near as good as RCI Diamond. No coupon book, no freebies.

tuggers, it's for Nov. 07... I know the perks won't be as good as Diamond, but since I haven't sailed as Diamond yet I'm not "to" spoiled (yet).

Shorter cruises just work better for me right now and since I live in Central Fl. Tampa would be a GREAT port to sail from. Love the Sovreign, but I can only do Nassau so many times. We were looking at either the Enchantment or Navigator for the same time frame, but if I don't have to drive to Fll that's even better!:D And I've been wanting to try Celebrity so it seems like a good cruise to start!

Decisions, Decisons, if only the suites had balconies I'd say heck with it & book one of those. 3 women in 1 cabin is tough, even if we ARE sisters. Course if we survive a 122sf room on SoS, guess 172sf will SEEM like a suite!

Archived