few last minute questions...

abrowncow

for starters... thank you thank you thank you for all the recent Zuiderdam reviews.

we're taking the Z this saturday and as the title said, i have a few quickie questions. i know some of this may have been covered earlier... but i forgot to take notes when i dug through all the posts!

irons - are there irons in the rooms? am i better off bringing a travel iron or clothes steamer?

hair dryers - how are they on the Z? where are they... are they built in in the bathrooms?

i know there's one cruise line that has DVD players in the cabins... is it HAL?

what kind of stuff do they put in the fridges in the cabins? can you ask the room steward to stock it with specific things?

TIA for any info!

There are no irons in the cabins, or anywhere else, on the Zuiderdam. HAL did not put passenger-accessible laundry facilities on the Vista class ships.

The hair dryer is in a drawer in the dressing table ... not in the bathroom. The DW and I both found it adequate.

We were in an SS cabin on the Zuiderdam, and did have a DVD player.

The mini-bar is stocked with a variety of miniature liquors, beers, sodas, and water. Your cabin steward will have it stocked to your specifications if you ask once you've boarded.

Most ships have rules against using an iron in the room. The laundry rooms have irons on the other HAL ships but not on the Vista class. Ships worry about the possibility of an iron causing a fire so some kind of steam cleaner would probably be better.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived