Say Goodbye to Ranch Steak, Hello to Fresh Water Pools (and other enhancements!)

Sailing on the Navigator this Saturday, August 7th.....just want to

confirm that the pools will still be salt water....(also the same reason we went Priness last year)....fresh water pools will defiinitely be a plus for RCCL.

Mike

Diamond Member

Crown & Anchor Society

Given RCI's penchant for "maximizing on-board revenue" I can't help but think of possible future enhancements. 1. $10 per person per day to use the pools. 2. $5 per passenger day for towel rentals. 3. Soap dispensers that only work when you insert your cruise card ($0.50 per dose). 4. Cruise card activated deck chairs that charge by the minute (no more chair hogs). Just a few idea! OH MY GOSH. I think RCI reads these boards and I have just given them some more ideas.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

tupper Just got off the Mariner 9/11. Pools are still saltwater (thank goodness) and there are two attendants to the cabin. Ranch steak was definitely better. I think it is called royal steak. The Mariner is beautiful and we had great service all week.

Enjoy your cruise vacation

Linda

I too like the Salt Water pools on cruise ships. Not because of the cleanliness issue, but because it seems more refreshing without all that chlorine. Anyway, just remember that the largest of resort pools use fresh water and I have never had a problem with that. The issue of the pools being clean now that they are Fresh, no worries. They will go through an INTENSE cleaning process to make sure they are cleaned every day. I will miss the salt water, but the fresh is okay. They do have some great systems now for pools that are cleaner than ever and use no chlorine. Lets hope that is the system they are using.

I wish the pools would remain salt water. Our one experience on a cruise with a fresh water pool was nasty. It's one of the reasons we won't sail Princess anymore. There was always a thick film of sunproducts floating like an oil slick on the Princess pool.

FYI, salt water pools do have chlorine.

Thanks Mimi, I appreciate the update. With this industry, things could always change in a weeks time...so until then, I can still hope for Fresh Water for my cruise. I guess with any changes, there will always be some people who will be disappointed. Maybe they should take a poll each week on each ship and majority rules!

I wish the pools would remain salt water. Our one experience on a cruise with a fresh water pool was nasty. It's one of the reasons we won't sail Princess anymore. There was always a thick film of sunproducts floating like an oil slick on the Princess pool.

FYI, salt water pools do have chlorine.

They do? Well now I don't like any of 'em. (Just kidding)

...one is THE stewart, the person you contact, etc..the other is just an

assistant (although perhaps the "assistant" has his/her own cabins as well

and they just rotate helping each other).

As a Carnival vet, and now about to do my third RCI..both lines have

similar room service quality (almost always excellent).

As for food, specifically the meat: Carnival was leagues ahead in comparison when I cruised Splendour in early 04. One night the entire

table ordered the beef, and the entire table sent it back.

However, last Feb on the Rhapsody...whew..what an upgrade in quality..

the beef, while not superior ( I am a Nebraksan after all, we know our beef)

was very good.

Look forward to Jewel OTS soon. I'll see if any of the changes mentioned

are in effect.

MItch

Archived