Platinum cruisers

connieleebones

[quote name='GOTTA CRUISE NOW']She emailed me back the following:

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][I]"As of June 6th, 2006 this was changed to 9 cruises or more. I reconfirmed with our VP of Sales and Marketing this morning. I was correct in telling you that on your 9th cruise you will be a Platinum member and entitled to the VIP services. "[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/quote]
I wish that they would give the GOLD card some perks and not necessarily at the 2nd cruise. Maybe at the 5th cruise with some perks and full perks at Platinum level.

By next year I hope to be at 7 cruises, unless I sneak in a short cruise or 2.

• 1 month later...
I found photos of me with the social host, and I remembered his name. Also had pictures of the ship in port and date stamp on back of picture. Faxed all this to guest relations Tuesday and today it is showing on my cruise history. Keep trying. I only had to talk to one person and fax some information and got it taken care of. If you have any pictures that were taken professionally from the cruise in the original folder, send those with the front and back of the folder. Mine was Tropicale in 1986 and the folder had the ships in service at the time and the back had a number that started with the letter T. As I said, this only took a couple of days, keep trying.

Candi

[quote name='stumpmc']The Laundry is the best part of the platinum membership. I also got a really nice Carnival bag. I go on a cruise in 2 weeks and I can't wait to see what I get this time.[/quote]I have received a bag on both cruises though they are different. I don't know if they have changed the gift or not but will see in one week.

[quote name='MarylandLady']I think you are correct on the port! I'll check with the rep first and if I get sent to the regular line -- oh well! :)

My sister is the one that set this cruise up and this is only her 3rd time on Carnival, so that may be why our booking didn't get the VIP status on the docs. But it's no big deal -- the big deal is getting to cruise again this year!!! I did mention this to our PVP and she said that the records would be there, so I shouldn't have a problem -- but you never know. I will complain though if I don't get my platinum card and the other goodies!!

I see you are leaving on the Miracle this weekend! Have a wonderful cruise. My DH and I were on the Miracle when it went out of Baltimore (15 minutes from my house) a few years ago and it was beautiful! I'm still waiting for Carnival to come back to our area, I would be able to go more often! :D[/QUOTE]

The Miracle was our best cruise ever (except for Alaska and that speaks for itself). Our piano player was from Berlin, Maryland. I know he would love to be able to play on a ship that was "closer" to home...so perhaps, Carnival will come back soon!!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='jlcga']Are we limited to the number of times we request laundry service? We're on a 12 day Med cruise next year and would like to use the service 3 or 4 times.[/QUOTE]

There is no limit. We used the service twice on a 7 day cruise on the Pride in March...so 3 to 4 times on a 12 day should not be a problem.

I love this perk!!! They do an excellent job.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the Med!!

I will be on my 10th this w/end, so expect to get the platinum card....
with the laundry service, can you just ask to have all your clothing pressed/ironed on the first day? Or do they expect to launder everything first? I was thinking of how wrinkled all my stuff will prob be so it would be very nice to get everything pressed for the week ahead....anyone done this, or am I odd?

Sheilb4, I think this perk is just for wash and fold. We had it on the Fantasy in April, I used it mid-cruise and it really helped with the packing situation, plan to pack light on our up-coming Elation cruise too:D

jbhcw is correct. This is simply for wash and fold. No ironing. However, all the ships have a laundry room on board with an iron and ironing board.

You would be surprised how little things wrinkle though if you will just slip a dry cleaning bag over your clothing before packing.

Usually stuff comes straight from the dry cleaners into the suitcase. The plastic really helps.

Have a great cruise!!

I too am a big fan of the free wash and fold service. We used it everyday on the Liberty Europe cruise. They give you a supply of bags in your room. It's one bag per day, whatever you can fit.

The bag isn't very big but large enough to hold what two people (and maybe a child or two) wore that day.

Our clothes did not come back wrinkled enough where I had to iron them.

Anyone have an idea on how they count the number of cruises. I have 9 on my history but two of them are short cruises to nowhere (1 one day and 1 two day) and this cruise will be #10. So I guess I am asking if each cruise has to be for a minimum number of days.

• 3 months later...
I have tried to go to carnival.com to check out our cruise history, but I can't find the right spot. I go to my profile and sign in, but can't find where to go from there. Can someone help me? We are taking our 10th cruise this July and I want to make sure everything is set. Also, it is our son's 8th cruise, he is 17. Can he go with us through the vip line?

[quote name='nieciez']Anyone have an idea on how they count the number of cruises. I have 9 on my history but two of them are short cruises to nowhere (1 one day and 1 two day) and this cruise will be #10. So I guess I am asking if each cruise has to be for a minimum number of days.[/quote]

I believe any length cruise counts. Enjoy! I just reached 10 on my last cruise & loved the Platinum Perks. Can't wait to cruise again so I can use them again. :)

Joy:
First for the website. Log on, click on your profile, under your past guest number is a cruise history button. Click there to view/edit or add to your previous cruises. My trick with the check in starts at booking the cruise. If you book together you should be able to check in together, seperate reservations, you can try the I didn't know routine, and bring your son along sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

[quote name='victory2020']My DH is missing a cruise from his history. Since it shows up on mine, would I be able to fax my history as proof? We didn't get the embarkation photo & I know HE didn't save his SS card.[/QUOTE]

Just have him click on his Profile under [url]www.carnival.com[/url] and then click on add cruises and follow the instructions. If they ask for proof, then they will tell you what is exceptable.

[quote name='joy21']I have tried to go to carnival.com to check out our cruise history, but I can't find the right spot. I go to my profile and sign in, but can't find where to go from there. Can someone help me? We are taking our 10th cruise this July and I want to make sure everything is set. Also, it is our son's 8th cruise, he is 17. Can he go with us through the vip line?[/QUOTE]

After you click PROFILE, you have to log in. Then the page that comes up has "view cruise history" right under your past guest number on the left.

Yes, your son will be able to go with you.

Sorry the last post came up twice. I owe you all a great big thank you. When I finally found our history, there was nothing listed. I called Carnival and was told they only had 8 listed. They were missing our first one in 1989. Carnival gave me another number to call, which I did and was able to get it all fixed. Hopefully, when we get our docs this summer it will be all taken care of. I never would have thought about this if I hadn't read your posts, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have been on a past Carnival Cruise, and currently booked on my second. I don't have the option of checking my past cruises on the carnival website link, and the operator when I was booking had no luck in finding me since it was ten years ago, and I have moved several times since then. Any ideas so that I get credit where it is due?

Did you save anything like your sail'n sign or any documents from that cruise that might have your booking number on it? Or do you have a picture of you in front of the ship? I think I read where someone used a picture as proof.

[quote name='login']I have been on a past Carnival Cruise, and currently booked on my second. I don't have the option of checking my past cruises on the carnival website link, and the operator when I was booking had no luck in finding me since it was ten years ago, and I have moved several times since then. Any ideas so that I get credit where it is due?[/quote]
Nieciez made good suggestions which I could'nt use when I had difficulties proving my cruise in 1987. I used my luggage tag I saved which had my room no., ship, and date on it. If you have any capers saved that would help.

Thanks for the help, I think my wife has saved all that stuff so that is no problem. The question is when I have it, what do I do with it? The customer service lady I spoke with about this when I booked this most recent trip really had little interest in helping me locate the information.

Archived