a secret about B749 on the CB...shhhhh

jennew

I forgot to post this. We noticed about 1/2 through our cruise last week that the announcements were not as annoying as they usually are....then we realized the the stateroom speaker was not working. We never had to endure all those announcements...and we stepped into the hall to hear them call luggage tag colors.

I know this could pose a safety concern, thankfully that never became an issue. We were thankful for the "announcement-fee" week.

I forgot to post this. We noticed about 1/2 through our cruise last week that the announcements were not as annoying as they usually are....then we realized the the stateroom speaker was not working. We never had to endure all those announcements...and we stepped into the hall to hear them call luggage tag colors.

I know this could pose a safety concern, thankfully that never became an issue. We were thankful for the "announcement-fee" week.

I have never expericed announcements in our room before....I think on our last cruise a month ago we had one that was a safety check they were doing and they piped it in our room. But, other than that nothing. Same with the cruise before. I always would step out into the hall to hear what they were saying.

No surprise at all. Princess does not normally have announcements that can be heard inside your stateroom, except for emergencies. In order to hear them, you have to have your TV turned to the ships channel.

I learn something every day - I never knew you could turn the tv on and hear the ships annoucements- of course in our large mini suite I always seem to lose both of the remotes- so it wouldn't matter anyway I just run into the hall to hear them and my wife just laughs at me and says I am the only one that cares about them. :D

Jen,

I just wanted to thank you for expressing your love for the aft cabins on the baja deck on the CB. If it weren't for your love and pictures of these cabins, I would be stuck on the riviera deck hearing scraping chairs. We weren't able to get a corner, but we did get a beamless one, and we're very excited !

Thanks!!!

CC's reviews and pictures really do work!!!

In all the ships with Princess we have sailed on, there have never been announcements in the cabins. Always have to turn on the TV or go out into the hallway to hear them. If there is an emergency or the announcement for muster, then they are heard in the room. This is one very nice thing about Princess, no in room announcements.

Glad you loved your cabin! But I would say the speaker was probaby working.

Hulagirl

There were just two announcements that we heard in our 15-day cruise last December: muester drill and the announcement that we were going to have to skip a port due to high waves. In fact, when that announcement came, we were wondering why we could hear the captain...until it sank in.

We were in our cabin during much of the disembarkation (the cabin steward apparently wasn't kicking us out) waiting for our color to be called...so we had to keep opening the door when we hear the PA so we would know what's going on.

During our muster drill last Sunday they said that the only announcements in the cabins would be emergency announcements and that we could hear the rest by turning to one of the Princess channels on the TV.

I had to go into the hall to hear the announcement that the ship was going to be an hour late. (I was happy to have been in the atrium during the "midday navigation announcement" though).

abby

We heard more announcements on our Star cruise this past January. Now I am remembering that it was regarding missing a port (Princess Cays) and there were other weather-related things- warnings and such.

The cruise prior to that was on NCL and we heard a LOT of announcement there (or so I remember)....

I guess the silence seemed odd to me after the past two experiences. I am glad to know that this is how it USUALLY is!!

Why were you even in your cabin to hear them call luggage tags? :confused: :confused: they request that people go to public areas so they can get the ship ready for those who want to board as early as we did :) There are several lounges and at least on 9/23 it was a beautiful a.m. and people were on the prom deck etc.

And I think you have to "enable" something to get the announcements in your cabin bec. on Lido deck they didn't automatically come into the cabin either...

Why were you even in your cabin to hear them call luggage tags? :confused: :confused: they request that people go to public areas so they can get the ship ready for those who want to board as early as we did :)

I always considered it to be a courtesy to the Room Steward to move out on time.......

Archived