Docs say not to get to port until 1pm

Just got my cruise docs yesterday for the 11/4/06 Navigator :D .

Card says not to arrive at port before 1 p.m. because boarding will not start until 2 p.m. My flight arrives at FLL at 9:42 a.m. Any ideas what to do to kill some time? Or should I just get to the pier and wait.

Just got my cruise docs yesterday for the 11/4/06 Navigator :D .

Card says not to arrive at port before 1 p.m. because boarding will not start until 2 p.m. My flight arrives at FLL at 9:42 a.m. Any ideas what to do to kill some time? Or should I just get to the pier and wait.

I'd head to the pier and hang out. They usually let you on the ship well before the stated boarding times.

That's always been my understanding, but I'm afraid to get there, be dropped off with luggage and then just have to sit and wait for hours.

Last year we took the RCI transfers and STILL waited for hours in line. It was the only bad spot in the whole vacation.

We just got back from Freedom and were told the same thing--boarding begins at 2. We showed up at the pier at noon and had no trouble getting on the ship--in fact, if you wait till 2, you can just about guarantee that you'll be waiting in a long line with everyone else who thought you couldn't get on till 2!

That's always been my understanding, but I'm afraid to get there, be dropped off with luggage and then just have to sit and wait for hours.

Last year we took the RCI transfers and STILL waited for hours in line. It was the only bad spot in the whole vacation.

I have had this happen, too, but what could be better than waiting at the dock with lots of other cruisers? Bring along a deck of cards, a book, or something else to do just in case this unusual situation should occur.

Then, again, you could get onto the ship in time for lunch and a drink! Think positively!

Have a great cruise!

What about our luggage though? I would swear last year we had all our luggage to lug thru the lines. We took the RCI transfer, got off the bus with our luggage...

Am I mistaken?

We have never had to lug our luggage through the lines. When you get out of the taxi you give it directly to the porters. (That is what we have done on each of our cruises.)

Porters are there way earlier then they allow you to board the ship and take your luggage so you dont have to lug it around. The only time I ever saw people pulling their luggage was when they didnt know where the porters were. This was in PR on Dawn and their location was a little strange.

Maybe we didn't realize there were porters....or maybe my memory is cloudy. I'd swear we lugged all our stuff up the escalators and stuff. Okay...so I'll get there when I get there and give the luggage to the porters. Got it.

Thanks!

The porters at the pier will take all but your carry-ons. Actually, they will take those, too if you want them to. Whatever pieces you give to the porters willbe delivered to your cabin later in the day. Mosts folks keep their carry-on luggage with them when they board, but certainly not All your luggage. Anything you keep with you has to fit throught the ship's X-ray scanner which is similar to those at the airport.

I would go right to the port. If your plane lands at quarter of 10, by the time you get to baggage, find your baggage, get a taxi or shuttle to the pier it will be close to 11am or later and as previous posters have said, you can usually board by 11:30am or thereabouts. No way will you be waiting around for hours. Have a great cruise!!

Archived