Senior discount after final payment?

I have found that Jewel's Dec. 2 cruise now shows a senior discount rate on RCI's web site. Final payment has been made. But, shouldn't my TA be able to get the reduced rate for me? I would assume that RCI would refund the difference back to my Visa. Is that correct? I will contact my TA first thing in the morning. I hope someone who has experienced this can answer.

Many times RCCL will give you the discount even after final payment - as long as the discount is not for new bookings only, and sometimes even then. Definitely call your TA and see if she can get it applied.

This happened after we paid for our first cruise. I called RCI direct since I made the reservation through them and they gave both me and my husband the discount even though my husband was the only one who was 55 at the time. It was immediately credited back to our AmEx card. I could see the credit right away on line.

I found the senior discount at a major travel website. At that time I could find no way to check, as you can now, for a senior special at RCI's own website.

They were very nice about it. No hassles at all.

My travel agent left me a message that there was another senior discount on our 11/5 AOS cruise. She had already called RCCL and had the discount applied. That makes $300.00 we have saved. The first $100 was before final payment and the last $200 was 6 weeks after final payment.

This happened after we paid for our first cruise. I called RCI direct since I made the reservation through them and they gave both me and my husband the discount even though my husband was the only one who was 55 at the time. It was immediately credited back to our AmEx card. I could see the credit right away on line.

I found the senior discount at a major travel website. At that time I could find no way to check, as you can now, for a senior special at RCI's own website.

They were very nice about it. No hassles at all.

Mommabean - OT - how do you check it on RCI's website. I've never been able to figure that out......(luddite, totally).:D

Fran in Toronto

Mommabean - OT - how do you check it on RCI's website. I've never been able to figure that out......(luddite, totally).:D

Fran in Toronto

Fran, act as if you are booking a new cruise, and at the bottom of the one page it will ask if anyone is over 55. It also asks what state you are from, and says that you have to have documentation for either discount or you will be charged the going rate.

I think they have only had this on their website for less than 6 months.

Fran, act as if you are booking a new cruise, and at the bottom of the one page it will ask if anyone is over 55. It also asks what state you are from, and says that you have to have documentation for either discount or you will be charged the going rate.

I think they have only had this on their website for less than 6 months.

Thanks Michelle...I'll try that out.:D

Fran in Toronto

Hi, We got a senior rate weeks after full payment, then saw the price drop for all balconies by another $200. Got that one too! Price went back up 2 days later. What a deal! TA took care of everything. Can't say enough good things about her.

Yep, I got the discount via my TA this morning. Saved $130 each. Pays to check every reservation frequently. I got a resident discount last month applied to my Navigator Mar. 3. 2007, cruise. I'm hoping to catch a discount because of the date of my Jewel Jan. 12, 2008 when it is much closer to the sail date. Probably about this time next year.

Yes...we also got a senior discount after final payment. I believe that since senior discounts are not a special sale for new bookings only, that it is possible for a price adjustment to be made.

Archived