Kids In The Dining Room Question

Mikey3w11

Yes, not only welcome, but treated very well. Mine (8 & 11) have been on 3 cruises in the last 4 years and have done very well. They do have a kid's menu but we have only needed it a few times.

Yes they are more than welcome! But the dress code does include them too.

We had our first cruise last Jan. in our group there was a 2,5,10,12 year old. They all enjoyed dressing nice and eating in the "fancy" place. There is a kids menu like most kids menus at any resturant. The youngest ate chicken or hotdogs about every meal. I would encourage your kids to try something new off the adult menu. The older kids loved this they did find there are a few things they did not like but it was a chance to try something new. Plus how cool to order like and adult. My son (10) had fish every nighjt and could not get over the fancy way it was plated. We normally do not eat out in nicer resturants.

The wait staff loved the kids. Our waitor had a new trick to show the kids every night. one night we spent about an extra 30 mins. learning ways to fold napkins. The kids also got a kick out of the nightly entertainment. Our waitor had them up signing and dancing more than once. It was a great experince for the kids.

Hope this helped. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Are kids (mine are 7 and 4) welcome in the dining rooms? If so are there kids menus available? This will be the first time that we are taking the kids.

We started cruising as a family in 1998 when our 2 boys were 5 and 8. We are headed out on our 14th family cruise next Sunday and they have always eaten in the formal dining room every night. They have had a wonderful opportunity to sample things that they would have never tried at home. From caviar to calamari!! However, there is always the ever popular pizza.

They always looked so handsome in their suits. (and Polos and khakis for the other nights)

Our youngest is a special needs child and he ate from the adult menu every night in March for the first time. He did not order pizza one night (in the formal dining room) As a Mom, I was proud to see him "growing up", but still sad to see the "pizza" phase passing. They have had many "happy birthdays" sung to them over the years and danced many a conga line with the waiters.

I would not recommend they attend the speciality restaurant yet, since it can take as long as 3 hours and it still costs $30.00 each (even for the children)

Have a wonderful cruise and take lots of pictures!!!

Definitely take the children to the dining room. It's not too early to start them on restaurant manners.

As others the waiters will dote on them. My children were 9 and 11 when they first cruised. They still talk about Anthony and how kind he was. They're now 14 and 16. Anthony had a 9-year-old boy at home. I'm sure that helped in the matter. Needless to say, we increased Anthony's tip.

Be sure to have the children try the foods off the menu. Where else can you tell them that if they don't like it, order something else? My younger was more adventureous when placing her order. She absolutely loves the satay of chicken served as an appetizer on the first night. My son wouldn't touch it on board. But when I made it at home, he gobbled it.

Generally on formal night, the little ones can get by with a nice dress for the girls and a dress shirt (possibly a tie) and dress pants for the boys.

As you know by now the answer is yest but just wanted to add that my DH has ordered from the kids menu after having large meal on one of the islands he wanted a cheeseburger and fries and they not only brought it to him but had one waiting each night as his appetizer

My kids love going to dinner with us on the cruise ships. DS(12) likes to try new items off the adult menu and DD(9) likes being treated like a princess. On our cruise last November on the Inspiration she became so attached to our assistant waitress that she cried on the last night because she wouldn't see her again.:o

My daughter (3 yo) LOVED the dining room. She loved the kids menu and Mr. Kim, our waiter, let her choose a color crayon every night. A lot of the dining room staff went out of their way to impress her. They danced for her, made her little paper animals...she loved it.

We asked to be seated with another family with kids and got our wish. The two kids played together all night! We couldn't have asked for nicer tablemates.

Your kids will have a blast. :)

We took our son on his first cruise when he was 5. Not once did he eat off the kids menu. Our waiter was excellent - he would bring him a plate from the adult menu every night without us ordering. He would order for our son and was always right on the money about what kids would like.

Becky

Archived