New Ncl Menu Items November

shoreguy

Hollywood Brown Derby

Our Famous Brown Derby Cobb Salad with chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing $13.29; with chicken add $2.00

The Brown Derby Restaurants - No other restaurant "chain" will ever be so closely associated with Hollywood or Los Angeles, golden age or otherwise. Arguably, the Brown Derby at one point may have been the main symbol of Los Angeles itself. For more information on Brown Derby history, see my restaurateur page articles on Herbert Somborn and Robert " Bob " Howard Cobb ( creator / inventor of the Cobb salad).

[ATTACH]29770[/ATTACH]

Yes, the one in Orlando counts... tell me you didn't love that salad!

At the BD you can actually get lobster on it. Decadant. My mom had requested the dressing recipe for years and finally they let her have it. It's now Online here: http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/CobbSalad.htm#original

They toss it table side for you.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/image/BrownDerby5.jpg

So, someone will have to report back, maybe take some pictures!

There is nothing wrong with Cobb salad--but what happened to the better food-of course we all know what happened--they are cutting expenses! From my point of view NCL has cut the budget too severely--i wonder what would happen if they raised the fare by 10 dollars a day--as i once read that the food budget is less than 10 dollars a day per passenger

Well I you can bet your life I'd never switch cruise lines for a cobb salad. Sorry to be a party pooper but I hated the one I had at the Brown Derby at MGM in Disney World. Absolutley hated it. One more turn on the food processor and I would have been sipping my salad out of a straw. :rolleyes: Now if I did not have any teeth I'd have to give it a much better rating. :D

There is nothing wrong with Cobb salad--but what happened to the better food-of course we all know what happened--they are cutting expenses! From my point of view NCL has cut the budget too severely--i wonder what would happen if they raised the fare by 10 dollars a day--as i once read that the food budget is less than 10 dollars a day per passenger

The Cobb Salad is one of five or so lunch choices. How do you know there isn't what you consider to be "better food"--whatever that means--on that lunch menu as well? Not everyone wants to have a steak at every meal. I suspect there's a lunch salad on every lunch menu, and this day's happens to be Cobb. Another day might be chef's, another a taco salad, and so on.

When NCL changed the menus after the Henry Haller contract expired there was whining about the new menus. They've responded to the comments and are redoing the menus again. Now, without even seeing the complete new menus, people are whining about individual choices on the menu. I wish I could try the new menus on our upcoming Jewel trans-Atlantic, but it will be too soon.

We enjoyed most everything on your list this past week on our cruise. If this is the new menu, it's already in place. I did find the spam sort of wierd to have on a menu.

Eggs Benedict

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese

Pancakes with Hawaiian Coconut Syrup

Southern Biscuits and Gravy

And for Hawaii - SPAM.

Shoreguy...I am unable to find the new menus from the link you provided. Do I need to register or can you tell me which options I need to select? :(

Theres a thread marked "new NCLA menus" or something of that sort, those will be the new menus fleetwide if rumors are correct (and since I trust the source I think they are.)

More Spam is consumed in Hawaii then anywhere else.

Spam: Second helpings for the tin that ate the world

On its US website, Spam reveals that its greatest market anywhere in the world is the Pacific island of Guam, a US dependency. On average, we are informed, each person on Guam eats 16 cans of Spam every year. The island's McDonald's outlets are the only ones in the world where Spam features on the menu.:p

US states with the greatest sales are Hawaii, Alaska, Arkansas, Texas and Alabama. None of them is exactly renowned for the quality of their cuisine or their concern with nutrition. In fact, Spam's fat content is no worse than most other kinds of meat, though people with high blood pressure should beware of its high salt content.:eek:

Well I you can bet your life I'd never switch cruise lines for a cobb salad. Sorry to be a party pooper but I hated the one I had at the Brown Derby at MGM in Disney World. Absolutley hated it. One more turn on the food processor and I would have been sipping my salad out of a straw. :rolleyes: Now if I did not have any teeth I'd have to give it a much better rating. :D

:D :D I could never understand the "mess" that they call a Cobb Salad either..........just a buncha mush:eek:

We enjoyed most everything on your list this past week on our cruise. If this is the new menu, it's already in place. I did find the spam sort of wierd to have on a menu.

Not all weird for Hawaii. Most Hawaiians on the cruise would find it as essential as bacon. When we did our Hawaii land vacation spam was offered at nearly every restaurant for breakfast and we also saw it as a lunch item (spam and rice).

Archived