New Ncl Menu Items November

shoreguy

We just got off the Majesty today. On 10/02 they launched a new menu. Even the Bistro got new menus. Their menu now changes each day.

Le Bistro with changing menus? I am really interested to learn about the "new" menus on NCL, not just NCLA. If anyone has any info, or menus, we'd love to see them! :D

No I didn't keep notes on the new menus. They have put some chilled soups back on the dinner menu. Did not see any baked potatoes on the menu as appetizers. I think they are still working on what the final menus will be. We asked to see a menu for the next day because we were trying to decide on a night to use our dine a shore vouchers and they said they weren't available because they were still working on them. Also eggs benedict was available every morning. We had seen this only a couple of mornings a week in the past. Oh another thing I just thought of: no more always available chicken or baked potato. One night I asked for one and the waiter said "sure" but came back and said that you could not have one. Kinda weird but that's what he said. We ate in Le Bistro on Sunday night but they still had the old menu then. If anyone has any particular questions I'll try to answer them. Sometimes my husband has a much better memory than I do about what was available.

:) :D :) Chilled soups back on the dinner menu???? I think I'm starting to believe that NCL may read cruise critic!

One further question for you -- what was your overall impression of the food? Realizing that is it a very subjective question, but I stil enjoy hearing other's opinions.

No I didn't keep notes on the new menus. They have put some chilled soups back on the dinner menu. Did not see any baked potatoes on the menu as appetizers. I think they are still working on what the final menus will be. We asked to see a menu for the next day because we were trying to decide on a night to use our dine a shore vouchers and they said they weren't available because they were still working on them. Also eggs benedict was available every morning. We had seen this only a couple of mornings a week in the past. Oh another thing I just thought of: no more always available chicken or baked potato. One night I asked for one and the waiter said "sure" but came back and said that you could not have one. Kinda weird but that's what he said. We ate in Le Bistro on Sunday night but they still had the old menu then. If anyone has any particular questions I'll try to answer them. Sometimes my husband has a much better memory than I do about what was available.

So what was on the always available menu? Ceaser salad? Steak?

Exactly what it sounds like. Minn is know as the hot-dish capital of the world and the Minn State Fair is known for food people putting anything and everything on a stick and deep frying it. Hence, hot-dish on stick. They made the hot-dish thick enough to wrap around a stick, dunked it batter and then into the deep fryer it went. Don't ask what else they deep fry on a stick.:D

hint--pickles, ostrich, alligator, snicker bars, milky way bars, oreos, and other such foods.

<...can you picture this on a cruise ship??>

I just reread my post...I sounded mean! :o I guess I'm in mommy mode with my son turning one in less than two weeks. My daily dialog consists of "no, don't touch that, be careful, come to mommy, I told you that would hurt, and that's gonna leave a mark."

Just wait, by the terrible twos I found my daily dialog had moved onto more creative phrases such as "No, don't lick the refrigerator" and "take that shoe out of your pants"....

:D

The chilled soups are one of my favorite things on NCL cruises...one of the first things I look for at dinner! I love that I'm not the only one who looks forward to them so much! :D It's one of those must-order things on the menu for me!

Good thing to know - Now, I hope they do not add it to the menu!:eek:

Jeez... last week it was Cobb Salad, this week this thread has given me a craving for a corn dog! But really, would NCL add a corndog to the menu? I'd think not, unless it was in the buffet, but that doesn't sound like the banquet style. Why am I even thinking about this?

Good thing to know - Now, I hope they do not add it to the menu!:eek:

I've seen little kids go crazy over them so if they wanted to put it in the buffet, that would be OK by me. (like they need my permission LOL )

-Monte

No always available menu. I think a small caesar salad was on the menu each night.

:O

I hope that is only because they are in the process of changing the menus. I am a picky eater and have fallen back on the grilled chicken a couple of times. If there is no always available menu I hope the let me order of the kids menu! :)

clm101798...I ordered from the kids menu often. One night my Hubby was horrified as I passed it around the table and almost everyone found something to order. :p The stuffed manicotti made a great appetizer and the steaks (order 2) were very thin but another option for a picky eater like myself. Then there was the chicken noodle soup with "no green things in it". :o Hope they haven't made too many changes on the kids menu? Last cruise I also discovered that you could order a burger for lunch or dinner. :D

Archived