New Ncl Menu Items November

shoreguy

Yeah, shoreguy to save the day once again. Do you think they changes will be in place for POH 1/1/07? With what I have read about the food, I was OK with it. I have two picky kids, 16 and 11. This info sounds much better. I would certainly look forward to this change. I've never had mahi-mahi....:))

Tumeroll: I could't help but laugh out loud when I read this latest post. You really are clever with words. I don't happen to agree with you very often but then I don't think you are serious half of the time just very very good at annoying people.... this last post was a hoot!!!:D

Now if anyone wants to respond to Mr. Tumeroll negatively as he wants, you are going to get a good thread ~~~poofed~~~~;)

IMO.........leave him be:p

Thanks for saving me Seahorse. Are posts like his why you all keep calling people trolls? Cant we poof the poofer? :D Say that 3 times fast!!!

I would like to note that just because its freestyle and casual attire doesnt mean we dont get the heavy foods like shrimp, beef wellington, etc. I say bring on the heavy foods, in casual clothes I have more room to breathe! :D

Guest BeckyThane

I suppose I'll get a taste of the "before" and "after" menus -- I'm sailing the Dawn on 11/12 and again on 12/28. I'll be sure to let you know how it all compares! :D

I suppose I'll get a taste of the "before" and "after" menus -- I'm sailing the Dawn on 11/12 and again on 12/28. I'll be sure to let you know how it all compares! :D

Wow, you're lucky. 2 cruises in 2 months.........I think I need to work a little bit more OT.

We have done NCL over the years 5 times (2 Norway, Seaward,Windward, Sun past March), doing it again!! on Oct 29 from NYC 31 nites thru Pancanal, around cape horn, ending Bueonos Aires. We have been blessed with 15 total previous cruises, this is the 16th, at this point, I can ALWAYS find something to eat.:D As our son has said, "the one meal that you are unable to find the best thing to eat, it is only ONE meal out of your life". Pretty insignificant.:p

We go cruising for the CRUISING with ALL the amenities, service, food, surroundings, nice people both guests and crew & staff.

DW and I enjoy the places we have been able to see. We are still amazed when we discuss the places we have been able to travel to and through.

How could all these things be bad and uncomfortable. From lemons, you make lemonade.

We are all only on this earth once, try to make the most of it.

Best,

Magnolia Man:)

I have the new NCLA menus (at least I think they are the new ones since they feature some of the items mentioned here).

I think freaking out over Cobb Salad is a bit much.

Cobb Salad is actually on the lunch menu as The Brown Derby Cobb Salad.

That is a perfectly appropriate lunch selection - when offered with the standard hamburger, hot dog, veggie burger, sandwich option, fish option, meat option, pasta option salad option and vegetarian option.

There really seems to be something for everyone.

I gave a breakdown of the POH Dinner Menu highlights (probably NCLA-wide) and I was actually quite happy and enthusiastic about the menus. You can scroll down to see my post "POH Menu Highlights." I am thinking about eating in the main dining rooms more than before. (And I work for a food and wine marketing company and have enjoyed some of the country's top chefs.)

For cruise food I think the options are excellent.

Even the breakfast has just about anything you could want including:

Eggs Benedict

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese

Pancakes with Hawaiian Coconut Syrup

Southern Biscuits and Gravy

And for Hawaii - SPAM.

I am not feeling reassured with the menus and hope the quality matches what is on the menus.

But for those who have complained in the past about lack of choice and quality on NCL, I think the line is listening.

Ann

Why all the hyperventilating about Cobb Salad? I've seen this item on NCL lunch menus for years.

As others have said; if you don't like it don't order it. There are plenty of other choices.

Good Lord, you are on vacation after all have a good time!

I was actually being sarcastic about the Cobb Salad. I like it too. The fact that someone would switch cruiselines because of a salad is beyond me.

I really sincerely like the new menus - I have copies of everything.

And I did mean to write "NOW"

I was actually being sarcastic about the Cobb Salad. I like it too. The fact that someone would switch cruiselines because of a salad is beyond me.

I really sincerely like the new menus - I have copies of everything.

And I did mean to write "NOW"

I agree. Cobb salads make a great lunch.

Some just have to have beef something-or-other-with-an-elegant-sounding-European-name at every meal...I guess because it makes them feel they're getting their money's worth, or something like that. Or maybe they won't go to an on-shore restaurant and pay for it a la carte.

From Wikipedia:

"The Cobb salad was a signature menu item of the Brown Derby, a landmark restaurant in Los Angeles, California. The salad is now served in restaurants world-wide. It generally consists of finely chopped lettuce, avocado, tomato, chicken or turkey, hard boiled eggs, bacon, grated blue cheese, and French dressing."

Yummm….. Sound pretty good to me even though it doesn't have a fancy name.

I think freaking out over Cobb Salad is a bit much.

Cobb Salad is actually on the lunch menu as The Brown Derby Cobb Salad.

That is a perfectly appropriate lunch selection - when offered with the standard hamburger, hot dog, veggie burger, sandwich option, fish option, meat option, pasta option salad option and vegetarian option.

Has anyone on here ever had a Brown Derby Cobb Salad? It is probably the best salad I have ever had... my mother and grandmother used to eat them at the original Brown Derby before I was born. Now, on every trip to Disney, I eat the at the Brown Derby replica there. They are just exquisite! Everything is chopped into microscopic pieces... this isn't the cobb salad you get at Applebees, folks!

I hope NCL is serious about it being "Brown Derby." Someone please let me know! I'm getting nostalgic!!;)

Shoreguy -- if you're still monitoring this thread, I've got a question for you. We're sailing on the Jewel on 11/5 -- do you think there's any chance that the new menus will be available on that sailing, since it's the first sailing after the transatlantic crossing?

It seems to me that it would be logical to start the new menus with the change in itinerary, but they may not be ready to go yet. Just wondering what your opinion would be.

Archived