Ft. Lauderdale hotel help

Disneycruiser#1

We are flying the night before and need a hotel to stay at. We are flying into FLL and would like a nice hotel. We can book via gov't discount, web rates or hotwire or priceline.

Do any nice hotels offer shuttles from the airport to hotel and then hotel to port or any recommendations? Thanks!

The Embassy Suites on 17th Street will honor a Govt rate. They will also afford you a substantial discount if you pay by credit card at the time of booking. I have stayed at this property at least 2 weeks a year for the past 4 years and have never been disappointed. They have a free shuttle to the cruise port and a shuttle to/from the FLL airport also.

We're staying at the Renaissance for our New Year's cruise -- I made the reservation via Priceline: $90 which is pretty good for a holiday rate. It's literally just before the bridge to the port and near shopping, restaurants, etc. They have a shuttle to the ship plus a shuttle from the airport.

Check Burbunny's website, www.biddingforfun for tips on how much to bid and what you're likely to get.

Do these hotels also offer parking during the cruise? We're driving in and understand the port charges $12 a day for parking so would like to find a hotel that offers cheap or free parking.:)

Thanks!

we are staying at the comfort inn/airport in hollywood fl. they have free shuttle too pier and shuttle from the airport.. pricing @ 85.00 for a dbl. free breakfast, pool, tikki bar/lounge etc... if this help?

Dad and I stayed at the Wyndham at the Airport before our cruise and really enjoyed it. It was $50 on Priceline for a room on the Concierge floor, which had a private terrace with tables and chairs from which you could watch planes land and takeoff. It's right off of I-95, literally in the airport's backyard. They have a great breakfast buffet (we recieved coupons, being on the Concierge level, not sure how much it was w/o them). Depending on the day you're staying, they have a lounge on the floor that I'd imagine has drinks and snacks and coffee and stuff, but we were in on a Friday and by the time we checked in the lounge was closed.

Pretty sure we saw a shuttle for this hotel, but we rented a car because we had a lot of driving to do (visit with a Coast Guard recruiter and various shopping stops) so I'm not sure on the shuttle.

I went to visit some friends of mine that stayed post-cruise at the Marriot Beach Harbor on Holiday Drive off of A1A and it is a gorgeous hotel. A little pricey from what I hear, but they have a private part of the beach and a FANTASTIC pool area.

We're staying at the Renaissance for our New Year's cruise -- I made the reservation via Priceline: $90 which is pretty good for a holiday rate. It's literally just before the bridge to the port and near shopping, restaurants, etc. They have a shuttle to the ship plus a shuttle from the airport.

Check Burbunny's website, www.biddingforfun for tips on how much to bid and what you're likely to get.

Pam,

We stayed at the Renaissance this past Easter break ( the one near the port). It was beautiful and wonderful. $90.00 is a fantastic deal!! You may want to call the hotel though, they told us that they discontinued the shuttle service a few months before. Taxis are abundant and not a problem and really not that expensive either. I think I remember seeing that the Renaissance at Plantation? offers a shuttle ( in an add at the airport) not sure, just thought that I would mention this to you. Have a great cruise!:)

Linda

[quote=we rented a car because we had a lot of driving to do (visit with a Coast Guard recruiter and various shopping stops) so I'm not sure on the shuttle.

Hi Sydney:

We are also renting a car and it will be a budget rental (I think like you guys) Did you ever find the drop off rental place closer to the Port? I know you had a time with Budget, but we're renting from them because we are coming from Miami and dropping off in Ft. Lauderdale and they are one of the only rental companies that do not charge for a one-way rental.

Anyway, anything you or your dad can tell me about this would be helpful. We will also be stopping for a few cases of some kind of cold beverage for our embarkation too! (Wish us luck - we are bringing a soft-sided rolling cooler!):p

psee

Do these hotels also offer parking during the cruise? We're driving in and understand the port charges $12 a day for parking so would like to find a hotel that offers cheap or free parking.

No, the Renaissance and Embassy do not offer parking during the cruise. The Amerisuites, right next door to the Embassy does. That's why we stay there before every cruise. The only other offering free parking in the area that I'm aware of is La Quinta Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport.

psee

No, the Renaissance and Embassy do not offer parking during the cruise. The Amerisuites, right next door to the Embassy does. That's why we stay there before every cruise. The only other offering free parking in the area that I'm aware of is La Quinta Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport.

Thanks cdnguy! Great info! :cool:

We stayed at Springhill Suites last December. They offered free parking while on the cruise. They had a shuttle to the pier.

We have also stayed at Renaissance. They had a shuttle from the airport but not to the pier. The cab fare to the pier was only about $5 including tip.

We have on occassion parked at Florida Auto Rental located on US 1 not far from the pier. They also had a free shuttle to and from the ship.

When I was a flight attendant we had a 36 hour layover at the Ft. Lauderdale Mariott Marina and it was sooooo nice but........I check Embassy Suites website and with gov't rate I can get a rate of bt $116-$129......I wbboked out air today and would like to try out Priceline for a hotel to save some $$$.

What area's should I bid for, it lists a lot? Our flight gets in the evening before the 8/28 Caribbean Princess jdechter is sailing on........I would LOVE to get the rate you received but I know it is up in the air.

What area's of Fort Lauderdale should we put in. We will want a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and can take a taxi if needed to the port. I know if the shuttles are like the one the Radisson at Cape Canaveral runs it is a zoo.

Any ideas of what area I should pick, it would be a 4 star correct??? and how much a taxi would run from the hotel area to port and port to airport?

Thanks....it is all falling into place.

Tiff

There are three zones which cruisers tend to use in Fort Lauderdale. For the Marriott Marina, Embassy Suites (both 3*) or Renaissance (4*), you'd select the Downtown zone. Of these, the Marriott does not have an airport shuttle, but taxi will run about $10. Next is the beach zone (2 Sheratons, Holiday Inn and 2 Doubletrees at the 3*, Hyatt Pier 66 at the 4*) - no shuttles for any of these. Finally there's the airport zone for the Wyndham and Sheraton. Airport shuttles for both of these, but not much around them for dining or entertainment.

DisneyCruiser: We booked Marriott Marina on a gov't rate for $100 during the Spring rush. I called the hotel directly and got that rate. I agree 100%, it is very nice. We asked for a nice room and got one overlooking the pool and a little of the marina, with lots of shade trees for the balcony. Life should be this good all the time! This hotel is at a water taxi stop too. Also, I'm a sucker for a place that calls me by my name when I call the front desk! Okay, I'm easily amused.

Bill

I just booked the Renaissance Hotel for 1 night on 11/19 through priceline.com for a bid of $82.00. Total with taxes =$98.48. Hopefully I will be able to request non-smoking with 2 doubles! It was my first time using priceline. I don't like bidding on non-refundables, but I couldn't beat the price through normal channels.

Archived