Gift wine ordered to table

Sue's Mom

Ship Services have just emailed me to ask on what day did want the wine delivered to the table. I emailed them back with a request that it be delived on the first night. Hope all 20 bottles don't arrive at once!!! I think we might all be a bit legless that night.

If you order in advance from Ship's Services, do you have to tell them in advance what night you want the wine at your table? That would annoy me as I want to decide what I want when I want it when I am there. What if I decide on Tuesday, I'm not in the mood for wine?

I would choose to speak directly with our wine steward about specifics such as which wine when.

They may have had your order confused, they have never asked us that question. We have pre-ordered wine and vodka for our room and dinner each evening.

I agree with S7S's just go to the wine stewart on the first night and tell him how you would like to proceed.

I just received a wine gift package. I brought my gift card on the first night and ordered my first bottle of wine. Whenever that bottle was finished I ordered another - sometimes another kind. Some nights we wanted it right away, some nights we told the wine steward what we would like for the next night. If it wasn't finished, it was always waiting at out table on the following night. Antonio was excellent.

I started another thread a couple days ago about pre-ordering wine and liquor because my credit card was charged too much. I emailed K. Merriam, as was suggested by the good folks here, and the error was corrected. She emailed me the invoice for our order and it showed all 4 of our bottles delivered the first night. I questioned her about that and she said that's just the way the order is placed. You and your wine steward can work out the details.

Dear Tooalto,

I am pleased that Karen Merriam was able and help you as I said she would. I think she is great and having her now look for certain champagne for a birthday party.:D She"ll find it I am sure.

Archived