John Heald not with Carnival?????

cruisinbuddy

Unless he changes his act, I don't see how he can fit into Celebrity's more upscale image and its clientele. Seems like RCCL will be a better fit - more relaxed, anything goes.

Some people love him, I personally find his act tiresome, and not very appropriate for a family oriented type of cruise.

I have just learned from another thread that John Heald has moved over to Celebrity, the Summit. From reading these boards I know a lot of people will either be upset or move to Celebrity. Just thought I'd pass it on.

What does this guy do that is so special that would have people actually look for a specific line or ship? It's nice to have a capable cruise director. But, to be honest, I'd rather have great service from my head waiter than a great cruise director.

No!! John Heald is different. He is sincere, and not cheesy and obnoxious like several others. I have cruised with him several times, and absoulutely love him. I will go on the Summitt to see him if that is true, but like another poster said, I dont think he would fit in with the CEL crowd.

I have just learned from another thread that John Heald has moved over to Celebrity, the Summit. From reading these boards I know a lot of people will either be upset or move to Celebrity. Just thought I'd pass it on.

could you post a link, please?

Unless he changes his act, I don't see how he can fit into Celebrity's more upscale image and its clientele. Seems like RCCL will be a better fit - more relaxed, anything goes.

Some people love him, I personally find his act tiresome, and not very appropriate for a family oriented type of cruise.

Please don't say that! I just cruised RCCL and don't think he'd fit in (and I don't want him there!!!!!!). The CD on the ship was very accessible but not over-bearing. And, the announcements made by the CD never numbered more than 2 during the day...certainly no baudy ones like John seems to find amusing. I can't see him on Celebrity, either, unless he changes his schtick. Maybe he's tired of it too! ;)

For those who do truly enjoy him, I do hate that he won't be around for them. It's a bummer when something you look forward too doesn't happen. I, however, can relax a bit knowing that I won't run into him on Carnival. And, since I'm not a huge fan of Celebrity, maybe I've seen the last of him.

This guy needs to get over himself!! He's been "threatening" to retire for about the last 4-5 years now. There's been several threads during that time titled "COME CRUISE WITH JOHN HEAARLD "ONE LAST TIME BEFORE HE RETIRES!"

At one point a few years ago there was also a thread few years ago stating that JH had met some lady from England on one of his cruises & was now getting married & moving to England.

But he keeps popping up on different ships.

I, like others have mentioned, would certainly not consider "jumping ship" just to have him as a CD.

John Hearld, "Best Wishes to you", and "Bon Voyage"!

This is the thread that I found out. It was reply 11 I believe. zaandam_2 the link is;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=423574 I hope it works. If not the thread is titled Captains & Cruise Directors in the Carnival section. Wow this really stirred up some stuff. Every other thread I've read about him was a freaking love fest. Glad to know he's human.

Who makes up this stuff...John is on the Liberty and will be taking out the Freedom....unless he personally tells me different I never believe this stuff. My last email from him said he was taking out the Freedom and would be on the Liberty here in the U.S. till November when he returns to England for a vacation and takes out the Freedom in the Spring...jeeze..when does this stuff come from

Barb

Who makes up this stuff...John is on the Liberty and will be taking out the Freedom....unless he personally tells me different I never believe this stuff. My last email from him said he was taking out the Freedom and would be on the Liberty here in the U.S. till November when he returns to England for a vacation and takes out the Freedom in the Spring...jeeze..when does this stuff come from

Barb

By the way, before you believe this junk...you might want to check things out further...

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/Now_playing.aspx

scroll down and you will see who is the senior cruise director and it's not a celebrity site, lol...jeeze

Please don't say that! I just cruised RCCL and don't think he'd fit in (and I don't want him there!!!!!!). The CD on the ship was very accessible but not over-bearing. And, the announcements made by the CD never numbered more than 2 during the day...certainly no baudy ones like John seems to find amusing. I can't see him on Celebrity, either, unless he changes his schtick. Maybe he's tired of it too! ;)

WOW!

I'd love any opportunity anywhere for a good laugh.

Came close with a guy named Allan Richards on the Explorer.

who the CD is makes absolutely no difference to me. they all like the sound of their own voice WAY too much.

Absolutely, Zaandam! Speaking from only minimal experience, I can wholeheartedly agree with you. Having a good CD is nice, but honestly, I've not noticed that they make a whole bunch of difference in whether I enjoy the cruise or not. I'm going to enjoy the cruise no matter what!:D

My guess is that there is confusion on the names. The cruise director on the Summit is John Howell, and the cruise director on the Liberty is John Heald. A post from the Sept 9th Summit still lists John Howell as the CD. Personally, I much prefer John Heald. I do think Celebrity would do well to obtain the services of John Heald. On the Celebrity ships he would not have to be the entire show as they have a much better entertainment program.

Archived