John Heald not with Carnival?????

cruisinbuddy

John is not "just a cd"...he is a great comedian. His "bed time story" was one of the funniest bits I've ever seen. Every time he made an appearance it was worth the trouble to get to the event and get ready to laugh. He is definitely the best CD/performer we've had on any cruise line. If it's true he's going to Celebrity, maybe that signals a change of philosophy for the cruise line. We've cruised only once on Celebrity, but I remember they could lighten up a bit in the entertainment area.

John is not "just a cd"...he is a great comedian. His "bed time story" was one of the funniest bits I've ever seen. Every time he made an appearance it was worth the trouble to get to the event and get ready to laugh. He is definitely the best CD/performer we've had on any cruise line. If it's true he's going to Celebrity, maybe that signals a change of philosophy for the cruise line. We've cruised only once on Celebrity, but I remember they could lighten up a bit in the entertainment area.

Absolutely loved "the bedtime story" we still watch the video we bought and laugh every time.:)

I wonder what really is important in a cruise director. I don't know if Carly is still involved with RCCL. But the woman was great. She was all over the place and even in the kids club planning future expansion and meeting with parents. She works hard. I get the impression that the cruise directors are responsible for more than just telling jokes and playing MC. But, to each his or her own. When I book a cruise, all I care about are the amenities on the ship, the itinerary, the price, and room. Don't think about the CD at all and assume that Carnival and RCCL will be using their better CDs on their ships.

I don't even know Mr. Heald and don't really pay that much attention to who's the cruise director on my cruises.................

But Ouch! Don't you think that your post was a "little bit insensitive"? I would be hesitant about posting something like that on here if there was even an iota of a chance that Mr. Heald would be reading these posts. Have some heart and tact, please?!

Heald gets enough praise on these boards. He's in the entertainment business and he better be able to handle some criticism. It's good to get some balance here.

Give me a hint, what's the bedtime story?

John has cruisers up on stage doing a skit on "little red riding hood",adult version. We had great people doing this on our first cruise. It was lots of fun to watch. I don't know if it's the same one every cruise, but we got a kick out of it, as did many others who saw the tape.

A very stupid inane tale appreciated by only those who barely have a two-digit I.Q. This CD is an over-the-hill show-off vaudeville comedian who definitely has seen better days. He was the only drawback in what could have been a good cruise.:( . His constant ramblings and down right corny jokes over the loud speaker had people covering their ears. If you miss him, don't fret, it would be like missing the plague.

Your opinipn...personally I think he made my cruise even better...I have actually picked ships that I knew he was on to sail with him again...like I said a matter of opinion...however if you scan these boards you will see more raves about him that boo's....

Barb

I don't even know Mr. Heald and don't really pay that much attention to who's the cruise director on my cruises.................

But Ouch! Don't you think that your post was a "little bit insensitive"? I would be hesitant about posting something like that on here if there was even an iota of a chance that Mr. Heald would be reading these posts. Have some heart and tact, please?!

I agree....my mother always taught me if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all. And you are quite right as I know for a fact he does read these boards as do many of the Carnival cd's, and assistants as well....hmm they might just find you on your next cruise and throw you overboard for such nice remarks, lol...

Barb

I agree....my mother always taught me if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all. And you are quite right as I know for a fact he does read these boards as do many of the Carnival cd's, and assistants as well....hmm they might just find you on your next cruise and throw you overboard for such nice remarks, lol...

Barb

i'm sure, as someone else said, he has a think skin. entertainers have to. he may even like the attention. after all, there's no such this as bad publicity. i don't require any CD. think how much quieter it would be without all those announcements.

I have just learned from another thread that John Heald has moved over to Celebrity, the Summit. From reading these boards I know a lot of people will either be upset or move to Celebrity. Just thought I'd pass it on.

John Heald was the Cruise Director on my first cruise in 1999. He is a really good person and enjoys watching everyone have a nice time. However, I am pleased he is with another cruise line that I consider very good. If he went to RCCL or NCL it would just be a waste of his talent. Then he would be frustrated because people weren't really having a good time.

What does this guy do that is so special that would have people actually look for a specific line or ship? It's nice to have a capable cruise director. But, to be honest, I'd rather have great service from my head waiter than a great cruise director.

You said it! He is at best a horn tooter, as are all cruise directors. Not that this is bad or evil, but they will never, ever, make or break any cruise. At best they are a public address system with a face.

Now, a good wait staff and a steward that doesn't forget the mints...that's important.

Mark T

John Heald was the Cruise Director on my first cruise in 1999. He is a really good person and enjoys watching everyone have a nice time. However, I am pleased he is with another cruise line that I consider very good. If he went to RCCL or NCL it would just be a waste of his talent. Then he would be frustrated because people weren't really having a good time.

Excuse me? I just got off an RCCL ship last week and had the best time I've had on a cruise in the past 5 or 6 years! And, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Lots of entertainment venues so you have choices at the same time. Not like a herd moving from one room to the next as one show ended and another began. I've cruised Carnival A LOT...and given the choice, I would now pick RCCL over Carnival every day of the week. Trust me, based on my recent RCCL cruise, there's not a lack of enjoyment by folks on RCCL!

IMO, it wouldn't be a waste of his 'talent'...but I hope he never tries to find out. ;)

Archived