Bringing Cigars on board ship

ROPD184

OK guys here is my question for ya...I know about what you can and cant bring on board as far as alcohol is concerned....but what about Cigars.....is there a limit on how many cigars or what type of cigars you can carry on the ship??? sounds like a dumb question but I am really curious...thanks for the helps guys..

I never saw anything about cigars being limited. Of course, you can't Cubans into the country (wink, wink) but even those you can bring on board to enjoy on your balcony... I always bring along two cigars for each day of sailing, and have never encountered any issues about them.

That being said, smoking them anywhere but the cigar bar or a private balcony is probably pretty rude... and I tihkn pipes and cigars are only allowed on the portside balconies, but I am not sure about that. I alwys book aft cabins so it's not an issue - the smoke trails off behind the ship and never impinges on any non-smokers' delicate sensibilities. (That would be sarcasm...)

That being said, smoking them anywhere but the cigar bar or a private balcony is probably pretty rude... and I tihkn pipes and cigars are only allowed on the portside balconies, but I am not sure about that. I alwys book aft cabins so it's not an issue - the smoke trails off behind the ship and never impinges on any non-smokers' delicate sensibilities. (That would be sarcasm...)

Pipes and cigars can be smoked on any balcony private, port or starboard or in the cigar bar only.

If you decide to smoke on you balcony just make sure the neighbors don't care or are not around.

The cigarette smoking side of the ship is usually the starboard side.

Remember to smoke up those Cubans on the last day of the cruise in the cigar bar at the great cuban smoke out.

I think it is VERY rude to smoke them on your balcony!!! Go up high on deck and smoke them!!! We just returned from the Miracle and someone was smoking them on the balcony near us and it made me sick!! It was the only part of my cruise that I hated. Seemed to be a lot of people smoking on our cruise. I think that is the drawback of having a balcony cabin, having to put up with all the smoke.

Keep in mind if you go up to the Funnel Deck you can not only smoke a Cuban Cigar but you can look for Cuba while up there !!!!!

Just watch where you purchase the "Cubans" from in port. A good shop showed me the difference in the packageing...

John

There is no limit to the cigars you can bring aboard, but I would recommend only bringing enough to smoke and share for the cruise. I bring about 24 cigars(the limit of my travel humidor) and usually bring back about 10 or so. I was randomly checked by customs 3 years ago, and I had 11 non-cuban cigars left in the humidor. They never said anything, but had they been Cubans..............they would have taken them.

Hey thanks everyone...I get the Cigar International Mag and was going through and pricing some cigars...its going to be me and my wife (we both smoke a couple a day at least), my FIL-MIL (they will probably smoke a couple the whole trip)...and our couple friend ( they smoke as much as we do).....SO i was thinking about getting a case of 50...to share amongst ourselves....that sounds pretty reasonable I think....anyway...wasnt sure IF there were any restrictions..so THANKS FOR THE HELP!:D

If cigar smoke "makes you sick," then why are you reading this thread? If you have a problem with people exercising their freedom to smoke on their private balconies, I suggest you take it up with Carnival.

I think it is VERY rude to smoke them on your balcony!!! Go up high on deck and smoke them!!! We just returned from the Miracle and someone was smoking them on the balcony near us and it made me sick!! It was the only part of my cruise that I hated. Seemed to be a lot of people smoking on our cruise. I think that is the drawback of having a balcony cabin, having to put up with all the smoke.

It would be rude to be a guest on YOUR balcony and smoke. Not on mine. Please understand that we (smokers) are at least being courteous enough NOT to smoke in the more public areas. I plan to burn a little Incesnse while doing so and hope this doesn't bring up another issue with the "offended camp". I can't be any more courteous than that.

Hardly rude. Smokers pay to use their balconies the same as everyone else. Did you try to work out a compromise with your neighbors so that you weren't both out there at the same times? If not, don't complain! :rolleyes: I plan to smoke on my aft balcony on the Miracle in three weeks. I expect this will cause few if any problems since it IS on the aft of the ship. Should someone have a problem and approach me politely, I will be happy to work out a compromise. If they approach me rudely, all bets are off!

Should someone have a problem and approach me politely, I will be happy to work out a compromise. If they approach me rudely, all bets are off!

Very well said.........I too have always compromised when asked politely to do so, but I am less likely to do so when they scream, curse, and make demands.............

had they been Cubans..............they would have taken them.

I purchase my “everyday” sticks in bundles. They are usually factory seconds. As such, they do not have any bands on them. If you buy Cubans or what you think to be Cubans (a lot of counterfeits out there like in Mexico) just remove the bands. They can’t prove where they came from therefore………

I agree with you Jeanneful - I get very sick from cigar smoke. So hoping that my neighbors are curtious enough to smoke in the room that is provided for that. Or, at least curtious enough not to smoke when they hear someone on the deck next door.

Archived