Normally 3 formal on 10 nights?

LHC

Oour cruise on the Volendam for the holidays is a 10 day but we have only 2 sea days, so I am assuming that we will have only 2 formal nights (Christmas and NYE), has anyone had a port day as a formal night before?

Linda

Hi,

We were on the Volendam last January, 10 night cruise, and had 3 formal nights. One of them was on a port day, IIRC. It was one of the shorter port stays.

Our docs only indicated 2 formals. We had originally thought there would be 3. So......we changed our packing strategy, only packed for 2 formal nights...and once we boarded, found out there were 3.:eek:

Fortunately/Unfortunately....I got sick...so we spent the first formal night in our cabin, not the dining room. Room steward delivered dinner off the dining room menu to our room.

Enjoy!

I have 3 outfits chosen (two new ones purchased from Coldwater Creek on sale last Jan) and one female tux-pants outfit that I will take. Thanks for your input.

Last year I was 25 lbs over the weight limit, so I am trying to pare down my needs/wants.

Linda

I have 3 outfits chosen (two new ones purchased from Coldwater Creek on sale last Jan) and one female tux-pants outfit that I will take. Thanks for your input.

Last year I was 25 lbs over the weight limit, so I am trying to pare down my needs/wants.

Linda

LOL! When I read this I thought, "Wow - I didn't know you could be too fat to go on a cruise!"

hee hee hee....

Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head.

(Two years ago I weighed 120 pounds more than I do now... Sometimes I forget that I'm now "average-sized" and I still worry about whether I'll fit into a chair, or be over the weight limit to do certain activities like horseback riding :D )

LOL:D

Love the humor. It is a delightful thread.

We have an eleven day on the beautiful and elegant Maasdam out of Norfolk sailing on October 28. Our docs indicate three formal nights and two informal nights.

Anyway, my wife and my daughter went out shopping with my credit card. Should I be worried?:confused:

Our February Volendam cruise had some apparent confusion as the number of formal nights. Turns out some documents said three, others two but had more informal nights on their documents. We were prepared for three so not a problem for us but they allowed those who had not planned for formal to dress informally (as if they enforce the dress code :rolleyes: ). We're assuming our 14-day Veendam cruise will have 4 formal nights, or at least 3, even though it's a very port intensive cruise with only 3 open sea-day nights (and 2 of those are in the beginning 3 days of the cruise).

Jenny in Jamaica,

My suitcase not me (although actually have been actively working Weight Watchers and working out since May and I am down 24 lbs with a desired 8 more to go). Those pounds in the suitcase cost me money with the airlines, glad they did not weigh me before and after the cruise, as I might have paid double monies.

LHC

LOL:D

Love the humor. It is a delightful thread.

We have an eleven day on the beautiful and elegant Maasdam out of Norfolk sailing on October 28. Our docs indicate three formal nights and two informal nights.

Anyway, my wife and my daughter went out shopping with my credit card. Should I be worried?:confused:

You mean they don't have their own Credit Cards..Oh, have them talk to us so we can clue them in..

They should have their own CC...Of course, you can still pay..That's the right way! ;)

Archived