Landry & Power Outlets

DonSchmidt

Unfortunately, the standard answer from X on why they do NOT have laundry facilities is that it would lower the star rating of the line.

Guess what? You'll find ONE power outlet in a regular X cabin. I'd give them an extra star for a second one! Be sure and take a power strip!!!:D

Unfortunately, the standard answer from X on why they do NOT have laundry facilities is that it would lower the star rating of the line.

Guess what? You'll find ONE power outlet in a regular X cabin. I'd give them an extra star for a second one! Be sure and take a power strip!!!:D

That's really absurd if that's their reasoning. HAL ships - at least the two I've been on - have self-service laundry facilities and their rating is comparable to X!

The real truth probably has something to do with wanting to make money on their own laundry services. That's just a guess on my part, though.

The absence of passenger laundry facilities on X has nothing to do with the number of stars the fleet rates. The company line is, you're on vacation and shouldn't be bothered doing your own laundry; someone is there to treat you famously and do it for you. Translation: valet services = onboard revenue.

That's really absurd if that's their reasoning. HAL ships - at least the two I've been on - have self-service laundry facilities and their rating is comparable to X!

I think the newer HAL ships do not have self-serve laundry facilities.

Instead of a power strip, we bought a power squid. It has "tentacle-like" plugs that allow you to plug in tranformer plugs (the plugs that have a box attached for cameras, cell phones, etc.). It also doesn't seem to weigh as much as a good power strip (one that lets you plug in sideways so that you can you use every plug when your appliances have transformers on the plug end).

Does the Galaxy have self-serve laundry facilities?

How many power outlets does a standard cabin have?

No laundry facilities, but I found their rates reasonable compared to the fees at european hotels and such. bring a power strip as there is only one outlet. No iron allowed in the cabin.

The rates for laundry and dry cleaning on Celebrity ships are actually LESS than they are at home! I wouldn't waste five precious minutes of my vacation doing laundry, and don't mind a bit sending some out to be done on the ship. My experiences have all been positive: So far, everything has come back beautifully cleaned and pressed, and in some cases they even managed to get out old stains that I couldn't remove. (I had a ballpoint pen marks on a pair of pants and they got them out ... those are the bane of my existence!) Occasionally they have a first/last day special, and I take full advantage of those.

Nicki

Archived