Are the Carnival beds really that comfortable?

Sandi149

I hear a lot about the comfort of the new Carnival beds. I they really that comfortable? DH and I are going on a short cruise next week. I have a bad back and the thought of having a couple nights sleep on a really comfortable bed sounds wonderful. :D

Sandi

Many folks, after partying for hours, are so drunk the first night ANYTHING they lay down on feels good. Carnival could offer a stack of straw and the drunk folks would think it heavenly... if drunk and heaven can be used that close together.

I hear a lot about the comfort of the new Carnival beds. I they really that comfortable? DH and I are going on a short cruise next week. I have a bad back and the thought of having a couple nights sleep on a really comfortable bed sounds wonderful. :D

Sandi

Sandi, The beds are very comfortable, add to that the gentle sway of the ship, you'll sleep like a baby! Enjoy your cruise.

Sandi

Sandi, yes - the beds were heaven. I also have a "bad back", don't normally sleep straight thru the night...but on our cruise, I did. I actually felt refreshed when I woke up in the morning.

Many folks, after partying for hours, are so drunk the first night ANYTHING they lay down on feels good. Carnival could offer a stack of straw and the drunk folks would think it heavenly... if drunk and heaven can be used that close together.

Well that's pretty rude,

Yes the beds are great and love those duvets.

Yes, the beds and the bedding are wonderful:) I bought a set of sheets when we came back from our Fantasy cruise this past April and plan to try and figure out which pillows I want to get when we sail Carnival again in January:D

Don't let some rude people sway you--the beds are WONDERFUL!! I agree that the bedding (including the down duvets--yummy!!!!) in addition to the sway of the ship makes one sleep like a baby! And, no, I don't stumble in drunk each night--in fact, I go to bed stone cold sober. Sheesh. Some people :rolleyes:

Sandi

Yes! But, to buy a king size one for your home is pricey!

The bedding was very nice. We actually thought about buying a set. I have seen a lot of hotel chains switch to very similar bedding over the last year or so. Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn to name a couple.

Personally I did not find the bed itself to be the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. My bed at home definitely trumps the bed that we had on the cruise. Traveling as much as I do for business I have a good reference to work off of. I would say that the Carnival bed ranks in the top 3rd of beds that I have slept in.

Looks like I'm going to be in the minority, but......the bed I had on Valor last month was the worst!!!! I'm guessing it was the new beds.

Both DH and I woke up several times a night trying to get comfy. Both of us woke up in the mornings with backaches.

I don't know if we had a "lemon" but the bed was very lumpy. Also, we could feel the place where the beds are pushed together...that's never happened before.

I've slept like a log on previous cruises, so I don't know what the problem was this time.

Yes.....the beds are the best! The mattress was wonderful, the bedding was luxurious and the pillows great. Went on an RCCL cruise in May and the beds were awful. It was like sleeping on a sofa sleeper with that horrible bar that cuts across your back....UGH! All cruise lines should buy the bedding that Carnival uses!

Archived