Are the Carnival beds really that comfortable?

Sandi149

Looks like I'm going to be in the minority, but......the bed I had on Valor last month was the worst!!!! I'm guessing it was the new beds.

I was on the same Valor cruise and while my side of the bed was VERY comfortable and I have a sleep number bed at home.....hubbies wasn't. There was a very significant dip on his side of the bed so I ended up switching him sides so he could sleep better.

The sheets, pillows and duvet were fabulous and best described as a nice smooshy cloud.

I have never slept so good. We stayed at the Radison at the Port before and after the cruise. They have sleep by number bed and we didn't sleep a wink, got on the Glory on 9/30 and slept great all week. Love it. Thinking of looking into the pillows and that snuggly comfertoer. {yep i know it's spelled wrong}.

DH and I both have bad backs and love Carnival beds, one of the mian reasons we continue to cruise with them. They are (to us) nice and firm, which we need but very, very comfy.

On the 12 day Liberty we slept so well, too well, one evening we missed the Captain's cocktail party and almost missed dinner a couple of times. We just laid down and boom, out!

No need to bring your own pillows...that must take up a lot of room in the luggage?? :eek:

Add me to the list of Carnival bed lovers. They are just sooo comfy. I love my bed at home, but Carnival is great too. My DH said the bed just sucked the awake right out of him. LOL

kitty

So the new bedding is nice, does this mean that the pillows are great also? I saw a lot of older advice that suggested bringing your own pillow, is that not needed anymore?
It's definitely a YMMV thing. If you're use to a pillow and sleep on it every night having it will be a plus. We brought ours and made sure we had pillow cases which would be different from the ship's. I could have slept on the ship's pillows, but DW only sleeps on hers. I'll probably leave mine home next time, but DW never leaves home w/o hers.

Back to the bed. We gave it two thumbs up (way up) and we spent considerably more time in bed on this cruise than any previous. Our inside midship cabin was the first place we went when the seas got rough or our sea sickness got rougher. We were glad we were there when the ship went dead in the water on the forth night and was just bobbing in the waves. Our steward probably thought we were on our honeymoon, since our bed rarely stayed made very long.

I hear a lot about the comfort of the new Carnival beds. I they really that comfortable? DH and I are going on a short cruise next week. I have a bad back and the thought of having a couple nights sleep on a really comfortable bed sounds wonderful. :D

Sandi

Ahhh...we have a TempurPedic at home and really felt the Carnival beds were VERY comfortable!!! We slept as well as we do at home! Can't wait...18 more days!!!!:D

I also want to say that the new beds on Carnival are AWESOME! My cruise experience is limited mostly to Carnival and Royal Caribbean and I love the new beds on Carnival... their alot better than what they have on Royal Caribbean. I remember that on my last Royal Caribbean cruise, I woke up at least 5 to 10 times per night whereas on Carnival I'm just dead alseep.

Many folks, after partying for hours, are so drunk the first night ANYTHING they lay down on feels good. Carnival could offer a stack of straw and the drunk folks would think it heavenly... if drunk and heaven can be used that close together.

Maybe this is how you make your way to bed each night fredpurdue, so stick with what you know, but don't prsume to speak for the rest of us.:mad:

The new Carnival beds are insanely comfortable, a great nights sleep is guaranteed.

Archived