Are the Carnival beds really that comfortable?

Sandi149

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I was really disappointed in the beds. Just sailed last month on the Miracle and the bed was hard as a rock with a noticeable gap in the center. Every time I rolled onto my side to snuggle with DH, my elbow ended up pushing the beds further apart. I also thought the down pillows were really hot.

The linens were really nice, though. I have slept on worse beds and the Carnival beds certainly won't keep me from cruising again - I just thought they'd be a lot more comfy than they were. DH didn't like them either. We sleep on an extra firm mattress at home, so it takes a lot for a mattress to seem hard to us!

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I was really disappointed in the beds. Just sailed last month on the Miracle and the bed was hard as a rock with a noticeable gap in the center. Every time I rolled onto my side to snuggle with DH, my elbow ended up pushing the beds further apart. I also thought the down pillows were really hot.

The linens were really nice, though. I have slept on worse beds and the Carnival beds certainly won't keep me from cruising again - I just thought they'd be a lot more comfy than they were. DH didn't like them either. We sleep on an extra firm mattress at home, so it takes a lot for a mattress to seem hard to us!

I agree--our bed was hard as a rock also. We were on the Legend last Dec and I had to ask for a foam pad. Heard all the talk about the comfy beds--ours wasn't! But the linens and pillows were awsome! :)

So the new bedding is nice, does this mean that the pillows are great also? I saw a lot of older advice that suggested bringing your own pillow, is that not needed anymore?

who wanted to talk?,,they surround your head and with the lull of the engine..out lika light! reat was fab too..I need a ship bed!..n piwwo..zzzzzz

I have read most of the replies (skimmed others) and most of you agree that the beds are very comfortable but I haven't seen much in the way of description. So, are the beds comfortable to you because you like a firm bed and this is a firm bed or is it comfortable because soft - or somewhere in between?? Inquiring minds want to know :)

I felt the beds were hard as rocks, with very little give to them. I love a firm mattress, and sleep on one every night, but these hurt my back.

The linens were wonderful, and you have a choice of foam or feather where the pillows are concerned. I'm allergic to feathers, so the comforter stayed down over my feet and I had no problem.

Just got back from the Liberty and would have to say........,one of the best beds i ever slept on.It was so comfortable.Also the down comforters they use where an added plus. I have used down conforters in the past and will do so this winter.It was so cozy to have this and the nice thing about it was, no dirty,unwashed blanket from the previous occupants on that bed.These duvet covers are washed and clean after someone has used the cabin.I had no back discomfort at all on these beds. Woke up this a.m and my back is already stiff and sore.I am not the type of person that buys into all the hype about something but there is truly something to say about these beds that they have chosen to use.

The beds on Miracle were entirely acceptable, I had no problems. But I didn't see anything that exceptional to rave about either. So I'd say they are fine, but don't expect some awesome sleep experience better than you've ever had before or anything. That's just setting your expectations so high that you're sure to be disappointed.

• 2 months later...

Bumping up an old thread - but I'm genuinely curious. Can someone please describe the mattress for us? DH and I have a pretty high end mattress at home. Let me see if I can give a point of comparison. Is there anyone out there who has stayed in a SpringHill Suites by Marriott? They have new posterpedic beds that are very comparible to what we have at home. They are firm, but sort of form fit to us and give a lot of support. Is that what the carnival beds are like, or are they firmer than that? We are just trying to figure out if we should bring an egg crate type mattress with us. Thanks :)

Bumping up an old thread - but I'm genuinely curious. Can someone please describe the mattress for us? DH and I have a pretty high end mattress at home. Let me see if I can give a point of comparison. Is there anyone out there who has stayed in a SpringHill Suites by Marriott? They have new posterpedic beds that are very comparible to what we have at home. They are firm, but sort of form fit to us and give a lot of support. Is that what the carnival beds are like, or are they firmer than that? We are just trying to figure out if we should bring an egg crate type mattress with us. Thanks :)

Yes they are that comfortable.

A friend of mine went on a cruise recently. Her roommate was raving about the bed. She told her that they sold the bed if she wanted to buy one. Her friend replied "But how will I get it off the ship?"

No lie, true story.

The only bed and bedding I have found to be the same or better was at the Sheraton in Portland, Maine.

DH and I are buying the pillows and if we didn't have a dog who sleeps on our bed during the day, I would spend the money on the sheets and duvet.

They are divine :p

I agree about the mattress, yes very comfortable but I have to say my husband and I hated the pillows. We had a king size bed and 4 pillows that would flatten out when you put your head on it.When I tried to stack up 2 pillows it was too high. We are used to king size pillows so it was a big adjustment.

Sailed Carnival last month. I didn't think much of the bed upon entering the cabin and lying down a moment. Boy was I fooled... I slept the best I have for a long time, every night, all 5 nights. Just sitting on the mattress or pressing on it, feels way too firm. Obviously not, since I awoke every morning (and from naps) with less back pain and very refreshed. I want one!

I shall have one... someday...:)

Comforters and pillows are also dreamy... but that snowy pure white? Not in my farmhouse.

Archived