Any M Class Ships Been Rehab'ed?

psychboss

What about the Summit? Has anyone heard when the Summitt will be refurbished?

Hi Judy,:) how was your cruise? Didn't you just return home?

Did you enjoy Constellation as much as we enjoyed Summit?

Can you believe it has been 1 year since we sailed together?

Oops sorry I got off topic a bit.

I have friends who just returned from sailing Millie and

said all the cabins just received new bedding:)

All of the M class ships are relatively new. I think the oldest dates back to 2000 or 2001.

How often do you refurbish your house. Do you replace all of your matresses, bedspreads, carpets, etc every 5 years or so? They probably get just as much use as the same items on a cruise ship.

Do you only stay in Hotels that have been updated within the past 5 years? Most go much longer between refurb's.

Why the fixation on cruise ship refurbishment?

Gordon

Captain Gordon, I'm not flaming just trying to give you my answers to your questions.

You are absolutely right, I don't refurbish my house every 5 years, but I do know people who do get new carpets, furniture etc., at least every 5 years. On the other hand, I don't have 2000 different people coming to my house weekly as guests. If I did, I would replace my mattresses probably yearly as people are all sorts of weight, sizes, and sleeping habits. And, carpets get worn with 4,000 shoes and various vehicles going up and down the halls and public areas.

Finally, I don't believe that I'm fixated but I would like to know when a ship will be refurbished so I can look forward to seeing changes in the ship and try out the new bedding.

I think all ships drydock every two years.

:confused: Hi,

while true for just about every cruise line outthere, this is unfortunately nor the case with Celebrity. If you take out the ''pods problems''-generated emergency drydocks, Celebrity has a '' strange'' track record with regularly scheduled preventive maintenance yard visits for their ships....Too bad.

Will catch up to them ultimately.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Archived