Why no Star Repo

GoBlueCruiser

We will be boarding the Star on November 6 for a 5-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. Prior to this sailing the Star will have completed a one week Canada/New England voyage, returning to New York on November 4.

On most occasions when ships begin new itineraries, there is a repositioning cruise. Does anyone know why the Star is not hosting a two-day sailing from New York to Port Everglades?

Just curious.

Mike

It would violate the Jones/Passenger Services Act by not visitng a foreign port.

I believe there was a repo originally scheduled. It was cancelled and the 5 night cruise was added just recently. I am not sure the route of the repo but a ship can't just go from NYC to FLL with out a foreign port in there.

We will be boarding the Star on November 6 for a 5-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. Prior to this sailing the Star will have completed a one week Canada/New England voyage, returning to New York on November 4.

On most occasions when ships begin new itineraries, there is a repositioning cruise. Does anyone know why the Star is not hosting a two-day sailing from New York to Port Everglades?

Just curious.

Mike

This is a stupid question, but how do you search for repo cruises? I wanted to do a repo from the med to the US next year, but I can't find info. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a stupid question, but how do you search for repo cruises? I wanted to do a repo from the med to the US next year, but I can't find info. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, a repo from the Med to the US would be a transatlantic cruise, so you could search them; also, you can search by season, as most repo cruises are spring or fall.

join us on the new Royal Princess next year (Nov 07) for a 24 day repo from Rome to Lauderdale via Africa and South American, also with stops in the Med and the Caribbean....

no..it goes west from Rome...Portofino, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Gibraltar, the on to Africa...2 stops then across to Brazil.......

Thanks for the information. I'll keep it in mind--my girlfriend wanted to stop in Greece, so we may end up going with a 13 day out of Rome. The only downside is the flight from JFK...it would be a long one.

Why fly for so long when you can do a transatlantic into Ft. Lauderdale or Galveston? That's the dilemma we're facing.:confused:

She's going to make the final decision. :) It's her gift for getting her masters.

Thanks again.

Archived