I've posted my Mariner Compass Pages - Eastern itinerary

Hi :)

You can download and view my compass pages from the Mariner of the Seas cruise - September 3-10, 2006.

We had the Eastern itinerary, which was CocoCay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

You can get to the album by clicking here.

By clicking here you can view all of our Mariner pictures from our Mariner Maniac cruise.

And the review of our trip can be read here.

Enjoy :)

Hi :)

You can download and view my compass pages from the Mariner of the Seas cruise - September 3-10, 2006.

We had the Eastern itinerary, which was CocoCay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.:)

Having just signed up 9 days ago for the Nov 26 sailing on Mariner for the E. Car. iten, may I be at least one, maybe the first one to say THANKS :) back at you!

I'm glad I can help fellow CCers. Please let me know if you have questions about which night was which and such. In the review I've detailed what I selected to eat, but did not photograph the menu each night.

:)

But the food, no matter what we chose, was awesome! :)

If any of the pages need to be rescanned because they're crooked, just lemme know. :)

I have printed them all out including the island guides (except Coco Cay since we were there once) ... most include fine - especially the spot color pages. Hopefully, will get time to get them all read in the next few days and highlight the things we do not want to miss. Still have no clue what we will do on the 2 Saint islands.

A great big Thank You! We are on the Mariner Nov 12th and reading all the Compasses has really got me in cruise mode. I'm now making my lists so I can start organizing what needs to be packed. Now is a good time for setting aside my cruise stuff because the temperature is getting cool here now and we won't be wearing summer stuff until the cruise.

Thanks again:)

Jen -- thanks so much for posting the Compasses. WE sail on Mariner on Jan. 21.

One question. We have not been to Coco Cay since 1999. Since then, RCCL seems to have added many features. We used to go to the beach near Coconut Willies but it looks like the water slide and the Fisher Price area is relatively close to that beach. What was the quietest, nicest beach in your opinion? Thanks.

You're welcome! :)

I'm so jealous of all of you cruising this ship. We had SUCH a great time!

Sherri, unfortunately, I didn't see any nice beaches at CocoCay. There were beach chairs up everywhere, but since our weather was ick .... we didn't stay on the island long. We took our sand and left!

We noticed people swimming on the beach to the LEFT of the dock. (By the food court). But the weather was thunderstorming, and so we didn't do much sunbathing.

We walked around the island and found that the beaches to the RIGHT were secluded but there was so much seaweed and other crap in the water it just wasn't a nice swimming area. But there weren't waves, and the water was clear, but twigs and weeds were everywhere. It wasn't very picturesque.

Hope this helps :)

You're welcome! :)

I'm so jealous of all of you cruising this ship. We had SUCH a great time!

Sherri, unfortunately, I didn't see any nice beaches at CocoCay. There were beach chairs up everywhere, but since our weather was ick .... we didn't stay on the island long. We took our sand and left!

We noticed people swimming on the beach to the LEFT of the dock. (By the food court). But the weather was thunderstorming, and so we didn't do much sunbathing.

We walked around the island and found that the beaches to the RIGHT were secluded but there was so much seaweed and other crap in the water it just wasn't a nice swimming area. But there weren't waves, and the water was clear, but twigs and weeds were everywhere. It wasn't very picturesque.

Hope this helps :)

Jen -- thanks. We love the Mariner. This will be our third time on the ship.

You're soooo lucky!

Have the activities changed much since you were on the ship the last time? Do you find that there are still places of the ship you've never been to? Have there been any aspects of the cruise that varied (like the entertainment was great on one cruise, but lacking the next) ?

You're soooo lucky!

Have the activities changed much since you were on the ship the last time? Do you find that there are still places of the ship you've never been to? Have there been any aspects of the cruise that varied (like the entertainment was great on one cruise, but lacking the next) ?

Don't think we hit all the bars -- especially the outside ones. (The first time, we tried to hit a bunch but DH tried to pack the first cruise into one day and felt it on day too.

I think the food was pretty much the same from Jan. to June in '05. James Andrews in June was a better cruise director. He got answers from my son-in-law's grandparents that even their kids did not know. (It was a 60th anniversary/family cruise for SIL's family).

We had the Platters on the June cruise so I think overall entertainment was enhanced with a real headliner.

Can't wait to go again and hope we have Captain Johnny as he was captain on the first two cruises. He is so personable and a good salesman for RCCL.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived