Can't decide..Valor..6A gty or OV gty?????

celticd1

Hi all, I hope you can help us decide wich cat. to book. We want to book on the Valor in January. We are hoping to get upgraded to a balcony (Yes, I know, it PROBABLY won't happen, but it did work out very well for us once before and we will take the chance). That said, it is $90 cheaper to book a OV GTY versus a 6A GTY. From what I can tell, there are only 5 port hole cabins on the entire ship, so my chances are good that we won't get one of those (I know, I know, no guarantee). DH believes that by booking a 6A we have a better chance at being upgraded to a balcony than if we book the OV GTY. Any thoughts?? I personally would rather save the $$ if there is no differance.

Anyone booked on the 1/30/05 sailing?

I would suggest you go for the OV GTY - spend the saved $ elsewhere on the ship/islands... that being said, I would never opt for a GTY to begin with, as I am somewhat critical as to where I end up on the ship (If not aft corners, then midship...)

IMLULU : my guess is that $ is the issue with booking the OV GTY, and if it is a matter of NOT cruising or cruising in an OV... I would opt for the OV... heck I have sailed in Cat 1,4,6,8,11,12's (4A on our last)... anything to get back out to sea!

so... go for the OV GTY, and late fate work it out for you!

Good Luck!

Tom

Archived