Guaranteed room?????

delidan

We booked an inside guarentee which the is the least expensive cabin. We were upgraded to a jj on the Caribe deck in the middle of the ship. This is a 4 level upgrade. We have never been upgraded from inside to outside but according to what I read on the boards it happens. okbowler

We did a guarantee for the first time this past summer in Alaska on the Sun.

Booked the cheapest inside guarantee and were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to an oceanview deluxe. Now that was an upgrade!

I think in the future if we plan to book an inside cabin, we'll do a guarantee. To me, if I'm inside, it doesn't matter where I am.

Now with a balcony, I'm particular and pick out my cabin.

Our upcoming Christmas cruise on the Sun Princess will be the first time that we've gone through with a guarantee cabin. We have a category I guarantee--the second highest level of inside cabin. I booked it after final payment. It was the same price for us as lower levels of inside cabins at the time. (Now it's $500 more.)

In the past, when I've booked us a guarantee, the prices of other cabins have gone down before final payment and I've rebooked us into specific cabins.

Has anyone gone with a guaranteed room and what did you end up with? This is my first time putting a deposit on a guaranteed room.

Booked an inside guarantee and was pleasantly surprised with a category I mid-ship on the baja deck.

We booked our cruise with an Inside Guaranteed (the lowest cost cabin), assuming we would be content with something in the bottom of the ship. A week before departure we learned that we had been assigned an inside cabin up on the Lido deck... an excellent location that was close to the buffets and all the action. It was a pleasant surprise.

We booked Oceanview Guaranteed (the lowest class) and were upgraded to the highest Oceanview Class CC before they lowered the price on all oceanview classes except CC. Princess told us we could give up our CC class rooms and go back to a Guarantee at the lower price, but we kept our CC class rooms as we were happy with the upgrade.

We've booked GTY before... sometimes it works out great... sometimes not so great. Just start with the attitude that "I'll be on the ship for sure" and then you'll be just fine.

I think it's kind of like a lottery. You may bet lucky... or not... but you will be on the ship, so how can you really lose?

paulfredo

We booked an inside guarentee which the is the least expensive cabin. We were upgraded to a jj on the Caribe deck in the middle of the ship. This is a 4 level upgrade. We have never been upgraded from inside to outside but according to what I read on the boards it happens. okbowler

We believe it allows for upgrades. Whenever booking an inside we always book the lowest priced guarenteed. We have been upgraded a number of time to an outside obstructed. (6-8 times as I remember) :D

We booked a BF guarantee(only 4 cabins in this category on the whole ship) on the Dawn Princess Mexican Riviera Cruise and received our confirmed BB cabin on Aloha deck 10 days later. We don't cruise till April '07. We did this after initially booking a BB through our TA. While checking the web site I saw that the price had dropped bigtime so I called the TA and went for the lowest priced balcony cabin (BF) as the balcony cabins are all about the same size on the Sun class ships. A week later the price shot back up. Just goes to show that it pays to keep checking. This is our first experience with a guarantee.

Archived