Details on Greenhouse Spa Treatments

Well, as I sit here dreaming of my upcoming cruise and how I'm going to pamper myself, I have come up with some questions about the spa treatments. Ladies (and gentleman!), if you have any experiences to share, please do :)

I'm a bit confused about the aromaspa detox massage. The description seems to be a combination of the different prices, so I'm not sure what comes with what. The menu reads:

Experience the riches of the ocean with a seaweed mask encasing the body to warm the muscles and stimulate the lymphatic system. This is the ultimate number one detoxifying massage treatment in Europe. Excellent for arthritis, fatigue, muscle spasm and fluid retention. Relax with a scalp and foot massage. Rinse away to complete the ritual with your choice of a 25 minute or 50 minute body massage. Feel relaxed, refreshed and energised.

55 minutes $ 140.00

With Back Massage 80 minutes $ 194.00

With Full Body Massage 1 hour 50 minutes $ 257.00

The description doesn't seem to match the price breakdowns; I'm just totally missing something here?

My second question has to do with the Japanese Shiatsu massage; is this better than the Swedish Body Massage? How so?

Thanks for any comments/advice! Looking forward to planning my spa treatments...

Well, as I sit here dreaming of my upcoming cruise and how I'm going to pamper myself, I have come up with some questions about the spa treatments. Ladies (and gentleman!), if you have any experiences to share, please do :)

I'm a bit confused about the aromaspa detox massage. The description seems to be a combination of the different prices, so I'm not sure what comes with what. The menu reads:

Experience the riches of the ocean with a seaweed mask encasing the body to warm the muscles and stimulate the lymphatic system. This is the ultimate number one detoxifying massage treatment in Europe. Excellent for arthritis, fatigue, muscle spasm and fluid retention. Relax with a scalp and foot massage. Rinse away to complete the ritual with your choice of a 25 minute or 50 minute body massage. Feel relaxed, refreshed and energised.

55 minutes $ 140.00

The description doesn't seem to match the price breakdowns; I'm just totally missing something here?

My second question has to do with the Japanese Shiatsu massage; is this better than the Swedish Body Massage? How so?

Thanks for any comments/advice! Looking forward to planning my spa treatments...

My wife and I were on the 10/7 cruise on Oosterdam, and I have to say I was almost glad we got credit for PV and our excursions as she spent almost half what the cruise cost in the spa! :eek: She had that full seaweed treatment and massage, she also had a manicure and pedicure, we had a couples massge and there was something else she did. I'll have to check. But she said the seaweed treatment was one of the best things she's had done in a spa. I think the only downside is that some of the spa staff really push to sell you some of the expensive Elemis products. My wife said there were some bath items like tea bags that they were trying to talk her into that were $175! Our massage was really good though and they didnt try to push anything on us. Have a wonderful trip!

My husband and I were on the now infamous 10/7 Oosterdam cruise too! And just like you, Frank and Michelle, we spent our onboard credits on spa treatments. We really enjoyed the couples massage, especially since there were no sales pitches. My husband had a deep tissue massage earlier in the week and was sore for two days. Very therapeutic but maybe a bit too much.

I tried the hot stone massage and loved that it was 70 minutes long, but a few of the stones actually left burn marks. Ouch!

It's great trying something new though. You really can't go wrong!

Patty and Mike

55 minutes $ 140.00

Seaweed mask with scalp and foot massage $140 time 55 min

Add on the back massage price increases to $194 time 80 min

make it a full body massage and you have the whole shabang for $257 time 1 hr 50 min

The description describes the whole shabang for which you will pay $257.

Hmm....after hearing about the seaweed treatment now I want to try it!! Does anyone have any details on the seaweed treatment? What is it? Is it a wrap or a body mask? What is the procedure?

I was leaning towards getting one of the body wraps....but truthfully I don't know all the details about those either... Has anyone ever had one that can tell me what exactly it is?

I've had body wraps--including a couple at the Elemis spa in Las Vegas. The first time I had a wrap I was concerned, but unless you're getting an anti-cellulite wrap, the wrapping is NOT tight. My body was spread with whatever I was getting (I think coconut milk & frangipani is the most recent one I've had) and then lightly wrapped with a space blanket type thing--mainly to keep body heat in. I tried the "float" but that only lasted about 2 minutes--I'm severely claustrophobic and that did NOT feel comfortable to me (the bottom of the table dropped away and you're submerged--inside the wrapping and the table--in a pool of warm water with basically only your neck supported...I'm getting shivers--not the good kind--just writing about it) The wrap was nice--heat made the moisturizer sink into my skin all that much more. I smelled heavenly the rest of the day!

55 minutes $ 140.00

I had this treatment on the Westerdam. The price went up (it was $219).I normally just avoid the spa treatments when sailing, but wanted to do it on this trip.

When you arrive, they give you a key for a locker and a robe. After I changed, I went to a small waiting room with a wonderful oceanview and comfy chairs. They offered me water and juice. In about 5 minutes, my spa attendent arrived. She greeted me and sat down to explain what I was going to have done.

I went to one of the spa rooms and she lather my body with a wonderful smelling seaweed mixture. I was then wrapped in a silver "space age" blanket and for about 30 to 40 minutes (I want to say it was a hour, but not sure). Soft music was playing and on the "floating bed" I felt that I was in heaven!!

When the attendent returned, I was unwrapped and went to a shower stall (in the room) and washed the treatment away. I returned and then the attendent gave me a full body (except for my feet, this was my request) and scalp massage. For a small woman, the spa attendent gave a great massage. Yes she did mention some lotions and bath gel for sale, but I told her no and she never mentioned any other products again (I was prepared for a hard sale pitch).

After the massage and treatment. I felt and smell like heaven!! I did tip my spa attendent.

I know that you can get the same services alot cheaper at home (or even in some of the ports Belize for example). But I was on vacation and wanted a little extra pampering.

I hope my info helps.

Is there anywhere to get a spa menu? It would be great to know what I wanted to ask about when I boarded. I also saw something on Hal's web site about pilates. Do they have pilates reformers on board? Those are the machines that you sometimes see on TV's shopping channels.

I used the spa when I was on the Noordam but didn't get the seaweed treatment. However, in terms of getting deals for treatment everyday we got a leaflet with the day's specials. What I did was booked my hot stone massage and a wash and blow dry for one of the fornal nights as soon as we boarded. Great advice from people on CC. Then the next I got a leaflet about getting a facial and hot stone massage for a really good price (I think it was $89 one both versus $99 for both). I just changed my appointments. I loved the hot stone massage (no burney stone for me). My hair was a disastereven after gave precise instructions on how I like done!!!!! I was near in tears. I described myself as Miss Texas (big puffy hair). I agree the up-selling was terrible. After my massage was still lying down not dressed she tried selling me products. The hairdresser tried with face cream (read wrinkle cream!!!!) while touching my face. Personal space and I was 30 years old!!! No wrinkle cream yet, thank you.

I don't remember seeing pilates reformers in the gym.

I had this treatment on the Westerdam. The price went up (it was $219).I know that you can get the same services alot cheaper at home (or even in some of the ports Belize for example). But I was on vacation and wanted a little extra pampering.

I hope my info helps.

Muchas gracias; fabulous info; I think I really need to splurge and do this full treatment!! :p

Archived