birth certificate accepted?

melika091900

we booked my mom last min on NCL star 11/14 sailing that we are going on as well. I asked the NCL rep about my moms Birth certificate.. its from Kansas, its handwritten, but its stamped and theres a seal in the middle, like in the paper

do you think this will be accepted? im getting nervous looking at it, she said thats what they sent her in 1994 when she req a certified one.

they assured me it will be accepted. i just dont want to get to the pier and hear "oh sorry " she also has a military ID, maybe we should bring it just in case, we didnt have enough time to get her a passport,

any suggestions would be great.

thanks

melissa

Her BC sounds fine, it was issued by the state where she was born and shows the seal. You can bring her Military ID if you want, but it does not prove citizenship, just her name. It is just an ID, like the Drivers License.

You should be just fine, but there is no harm in bringing the military ID. Do not try to put too much logic in to this whole thing. I swear that the RAISED seal could be from the Girl Scouts. Everyone has been "trained" to look for a raised seal, like that is some majic potion or something.

Sounds fine to me - as long as it has the raised seal which "certifies" it with the state it will work. You know, there is still time to get a Passport. If you request the expedited service you can have it back in a week. That's what we did with my son when his band was suddenly booked into Peru. It cost extra but it's worth having.

To be on the safer side, take the birth certificate to your local city government hall to the Registry of Vital Records and Statistics. The people there will help you determine the authenticity of the certifcate. This way you are "guaranteed" that the birth records is valid.

My original handwritten photostatic b.c. with raised seal has always been accepted.....for cruising....for changing to my married name....for getting a passport.....

thats reasurring... she actually called where she was born yesterday in kansas. and they said theyve changed the style of them, that they are on bigger paper, etc etc, and that they will send her a new one within the week, so we are crossing our fingers ......

thanks to everyone again :D

Archived