Captain Noordam

ciska40

Hi everyone,

My parents are going on the Noordam next march and have travelled with HAL many times and are wondering if anyone knows who is the captain and the maitre 'd on the Noordam. they know quit a lot of them have already their platinum medallion.

Thanks.

Ciska

Hi everyone,

My parents are going on the Noordam next march and have travelled with HAL many times and are wondering if anyone knows who is the captain and the maitre 'd on the Noordam. they know quit a lot of them have already their platinum medallion.

Thanks.

Ciska

Goeie avond Ciska, hoe gaat het?

The captains currently assigned to Noordam are John Scott, a Brit and Johannes "Hans" Mateboer, a kaaskop;) and author of a verry funny book. Not sure, which one of the two will be in command when your parents get on next March.

Het beste!

Maitre d' par excellence, Wawan Kartawan, was the 'take out' Maitre d'. I don't know if he is still aboard but so sooooo soooo hope he is. We'd love to see him again aboard Noordam when we go in January.

Captain John Scott seems to be scheduled to be aboard between December 6and March 6, 2007. That certainly can change.

Maitre d' par excellence, Wawan Kartawan, was the 'take out' Maitre d'. I don't know if he is still aboard but so sooooo soooo hope he is. We'd love to see him again aboard Noordam when we go in January.

Captain John Scott seems to be scheduled to be aboard between December 6and March 6, 2007. That certainly can change.

I have to agree with you Sail: Wawan Kartawan is a Maitre d'hotel par excellence. He and Kiki Basuko are absolutely my favorites. I haven't seen Wawan since 2001 and wondered where he was. I hope that he will indeed be aboard the Noordam for you in January. I will be aboard the Amsterdam at that time and I'm hoping that Kiki will be Maitre d'hotel (he was this past Christmas/New Year's cruise).

Enjoy your cruise in January, I know that I'm really looking forward to mine.

Valerie:)

I don't recall sailing with Kiki ...probably if I saw him, I'd recognize him. HAL has some truly excellent Maitre d's who take very good care of us. Lots of people think they are figureheads and don't necessarily realize all they contribute to our dining experience. They run the dining room....... without them, it could not be the same.I

'm not even going to try to name some we think the best or that we really like as I'd feel awful if I left out someone just because of 'brain freeze'. ;)

Your countdown is getting short, Valerie. The sooner you go.....that means it's sooner that we go.

Your countdown is getting short, Valerie. The sooner you go.....that means it's sooner that we go.

I don't leave until January 15th so when does your cruise start?

Actually I should not even be posting right now since I should be packing for a Zaandam cruise this coming Sunday. Ugh, I hate packing but then it will all seem worth it on Sunday when I am once again aboard a HAL ship and on my way to the Mexican Riviera and the Sea of Cortez. Bliss!

Valerie:)

Lucky you sailing this weekend on Zaandam...... Hope you have a fabulous time. Wishing you Fair Winds and a Following Sea.

We sail January 6 on Noordam. There are about 20 or so CC'ers on that sailing. We CAN'T WAIT to sail that gorgeous ship.

Should be Henk Mensink. He switches off with Stan Kuppens

Are you sure, John?

Stan Kuppens was the 'take out' Hotel Manager for Noordam and did an amazing job but left shortly after the Inaugural. Henk Mensink and Ronald Bontenbal (I think) alternate.

We'd so love to see Stan Kuppens return to Noordam but even if he does, we'll miss him by one or two cruises as I think Henk Mensink is scheduled to be HM through January 27 or there abouts.

Goeie avond Ciska, hoe gaat het?

The captains currently assigned to Noordam are John Scott, a Brit and Johannes "Hans" Mateboer, a kaaskop;)

Hallo John,

Greetings from on board the beautiful m.s. STATENDAM at anchor in Tonga!

Just a slight correction to your msg above... John Scott is a New Zealander.

At the moment Stan Kuppens is Hotel Manager here on board STATENDAM. He is due to go to Italy to stand-by the new Signature Class ship sometime next year.

Stephen

You're right - Captain John Scott is a Kiwi... as am I... and we had a chat about where he grew up in Auckland when I was on the Noordam in August (for those in the know he's a "shore boy").

Does anyone know how I can find out who will be the Captain on my next cruise, as quite a few on this post seem to have some inside info on who's supposed to be where, when. Thanks in advance :)

Archived