Offer to purchase upgrade-good deal or not?

preemiemd

Thank you so much for the information. We just received our cabin assignment (SA7055) . And to think I was excited before just waiting for our balcony guarantee cruise - now I can hardly contain myself - 18 days to go.

You'll love the cabin (it's next to the one my parents are in right now). I just got off the phone with them (they're in St. Thomas today) and *love* the suite (they've never had one before). Mom especially likes the dressing area concept.

I know that the corsage/boutonnier were worned by my parents. I'm not sure on the alternative room for dining for breakfast - I'll get a full report when they return on those types of things. My dad as some pretty severe food allergies, so, as is their custom, they may just go to the "regular" dining room where they are bound to have access to a waiter or someone who is already familiar with his issues.

On the Westerdam, we ordered many meals in the suite and loved it. Though, dinners were generally in the dining room (my fiance has severe food allergies as well, and it is easier to deal with in the dining room). However, we almost never left the suite unless he played golf or I went shopping. The balcony and suite are lovely!

Enjoy!

Thank you everyone for all the advice. Only 15 days to go...

Frick and Frack (love the screen name) - any chance your parents will be posting a review of the Noordam upon their return. I'm really curious about the evening attire schedule to help with my packing - of course my husband said now that we will have laundry service I can only bring one outfit. I told him I would need at least 2 so I wouldn't be naked while my clothes were in the laundry. He then asked how long does it take to get laundry back - I said I would ask the experts - anyone know? Thanks

Hi Preemied -

I'll be posting their comments and observations when they return (they are among those who don't "do" the internet :eek: ).

If you have questions, let me know and I'll ask them and can either post or e-mail you with the responses.

My Mom's *extremely* detail oriented and pretty much remembers everything (and she tends to save and bring home a lot of the daily information, or she writes a "diary" of pertinent information) so I'll have more information available than most would ever want to know.

From the Westerdam sailing, I remember laundry was pretty quick. Usually I gave it to the steward in the morning and got it back later that day or the next morning. I think only once I waited longer than that.

Pressing service was quick too.

Just remember, if you don't want to leave the suite - you only need one set of clothes - you will have a robe!! ;)

Has anyone ever been offered an upsell on the Rotterdam? There is a really big difference in cabin size and price between the verandas and suites on this ship. Just wondering if the suites were ever offered as an upsell, and if so, how much more per person?

Archived