Switch to Wraparound

zipster16

On the conquest ships the 9A is not a suite. It is sold as a balcony cabin but a bit higher in price. The wrap around balcony is much larger then your regular balcony and I believe the cabin is more spacious. It appears on the Spirit class ships the aft cabins are actual suites. I would still grab the 9A, as it is a real bargain.

Carol

OK....hopping aboard with another question: Can three people sleep in a Category 9a on the Victory? We'd love to snag one of the wraparounds but with DH, myself and DS.....don't know if we can do it.

If not, we'll just book a Cat 11 suite!

Thanks.

Yes the Liberty has wraps...The two aft corner cabins are wraparounds..Catagory 9A...

Category 9A: Large private balcony, twin beds convert to king. Ample drawer and closet space, private facilities (shower, basin and toilet), telephone, color TV, and sitting area with sofa.

(Average size 185 plus 75 sq/ft balcony).

I am pretty sure the wrap balcony is alot bigger than 75sq feet..Our Wrap balcony on the Spirit is 220 sq feet..

• 2 weeks later...

OP here, I didn't realize this thread had come back to life. 6260 was awesome, I made the switch without telling the wife and it was the best. We laid out on our patio until noon on sea days, spent every evening out there, in fact I think my liquor bill was half the usual becuase we didn't go to the club or the disco at all.

We have now booked 4237 and 6260 for the Miracle in '08 and '09.

Wraps Wrule.

OP here, I didn't realize this thread had come back to life. 6260 was awesome, I made the switch without telling the wife and it was the best. We laid out on our patio until noon on sea days, spent every evening out there, in fact I think my liquor bill was half the usual becuase we didn't go to the club or the disco at all.

We have now booked 4237 and 6260 for the Miracle in '08 and '09.

Wraps Wrule.

that's great! i'm glad you enjoyed your wrap. i have 6260 booked on the miracle in may.

OK....hopping aboard with another question: Can three people sleep in a Category 9a on the Victory? We'd love to snag one of the wraparounds but with DH, myself and DS.....don't know if we can do it.

Thanks.

I'm trying to remember, but I think yes. There are two on deck 8 that only sleep 2, I know. You have to ask the PVP to know for sure...

that's great! i'm glad you enjoyed your wrap. i have 6260 booked on the miracle in may.

You will love it. One tip, there is only one outlet in the whole suite. It is in the vanity area, the good news is that a power strip with a 6 ft extension cord reaches about anywhere in the cabin you need it too. We brought an Ipod radio, the power cord is one of those adapters that had a really thin cord, we could put it on the balcony and still close the door.

My opinion: go ahead and make the switch yourself while you still can - he will thank you later... assuming he is an understanding fellow to begin with...:eek:

46462808-L.jpg

46470366-L.jpg

46470365-L.jpg

We have stayed in the wraps a few times (and have a few more on the way). There is NO OTHER WAY to sail on a Spirit class ship!:cool:

Tom

Sailing on the Legend Fri in our 1st wrap---sooo excited. And thanks to your posts, Tom, I knew which cabin to choose.

Tried to get that one, but it was taken. We are on deck 7, but it does have the sep. rooms.

ENJOY!

That sounds like a wild group you are sailing with... I hope they are able to fully restock the bars after that sailing!

Tom

We're in 6260 on the Miracle but not til December...such a long way off!

I couldn't stand the wait so I booked us on the Valor for the end of this month..hope that will hold me over til the end of the year!

DH and I will be in 7298 on Legend on May 13th, can't wait!!

Tom, thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures you have posted of the aft wrap cabins. I didn't realize there were seperate rooms until I started reading these boards.

Thanks also for the info and pics on Sirius Radio, we are considering bringing ours also, we have a boom box exactly like yours.

We are also considering bringing along some solar strip lights to wrap around our balcony railing, do you think this would be ok? They are really cool and should cover the length of the balcony.

Thanks again for all the great scoop!! :D

DH and I will be in 7298 on Legend on May 13th, can't wait!!

Tom, thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures you have posted of the aft wrap cabins. I didn't realize there were seperate rooms until I started reading these boards.

Thanks also for the info and pics on Sirius Radio, we are considering bringing ours also, we have a boom box exactly like yours.

We are also considering bringing along some solar strip lights to wrap around our balcony railing, do you think this would be ok? They are really cool and should cover the length of the balcony.

Thanks again for all the great scoop!! :D

Hard to say how Carnival will react to anything you put on the balcony - they can be somewhat strict - but you never know!

Definitely bring your radio. We also bring our MP3 player, and when we don't have a signal just plug that into the AUX input. A great sounding little box!

Tom

Hard to say how Carnival will react to anything you put on the balcony - they can be somewhat strict - but you never know!

Definitely bring your radio. We also bring our MP3 player, and when we don't have a signal just plug that into the AUX input. A great sounding little box!

Tom[/quote]

The lights won't take up much room in the suitcase so we will give it a try and let you all know when we get back if they made us take them down. We use them on our RV awning and they do all the tricks, blinking, chasing, ect but they aren't super brite so they shouldn't bother the neighbors. My friend wants to take her lights and solar tiki torches on the Pride next week so we'll see how that turns out. We can always put them around our room inside, they make a great night light.

I am still trying to convince DH we need to bring the Sirius, he doesn't want to add to the suitcase load. Now...if it was an extra bottle of booze I am sure he would find room, no problem!:D

Thanks.

We have wrap cabin 7322 on the Destiny (sister ship to Victory) in November and will be having 3 in the cabin. We were assured of 3 fitting in the cabin by TA and Carnival and others that have been in the same cabin. There is a sofa that makes into a bed.

Does anyone have an answer to my question? About Cabin #7445 on Valor - is it smaller than 9A s on the other ships? It looks kind of crowded?

Here is information I got from Cruisedeckplans.com.

Valor 9A:

Average size= 185 sq ft. plus 75 sq ft. balcony

Freedom 9A:

Average size 185 plus 75 sq/ft balcony

Victory 9A:

Average Size: Cat. 9 = 185 sq ft + balcony 75 sq ft

We are booking our 2008 cruise soon and I am wondering which Waraparound has the most room and which ones do you all recommend? We currently have a Aft Cabin 8457 on the Liberty and were hoping for a wrap around however there were none available.

• 1 month later...

thanks everyone, esp tom-n-cheryl for this thread....very helpful in determining between a suite and a penthouse.

We got 4237 for the Aug 31st sailing of Miracle. I can't believe the room was still available since the cruise is only 4 months away. :D

Archived