Mexico Excursions Recommendations on the O'DAM

rcriley

Happy Cruising all,

A few of us are sailing on the O'DAM in December and are looking for recommendations for excursions or things to do while in port. We will be in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Nothing to exercise intensive but fun. Maybe some must do's. We love food, fun and, culture.

Thanks in advance,

RCRILEY :)

In Mazatlan (in Old Mazatlan I think) we really enjoyed the Papantla Flyers and the rest of the show. If you haven't seen "flyers" in Mexico, you'd enjoy them.

Cabo is beautiful - lots of gorgeous upscale resorts, walking around the harbor area is nice, and you can pick up a boat ride to Los Arcos (rock formations) which is pretty.

Bev

In Mazatlan (in Old Mazatlan I think) we really enjoyed the Papantla Flyers and the rest of the show. If you haven't seen "flyers" in Mexico, you'd enjoy them.

Cabo is beautiful - lots of gorgeous upscale resorts, walking around the harbor area is nice, and you can pick up a boat ride to Los Arcos (rock formations) which is pretty.

Bev

Bev, I agree, I forgot about that. The actual City tour of Mazatlan is very nice. You get to see their version of Cliff Diving and the Papantla Flyers is really an excellent show.

We also enjoy going on Whale Excursions in Cabo. The tour boats in Cabo tend to get a bit closer to the whales so it can get very exciting.:)

It's hard to know what you mean about the exercise...

Would riding a horse be too much (for about an hour an a half????)

We just got back and went with Randi's.... My whole family had a great time.. To be honest I did not think I would, 2yrs ago I went horse back riding on the beach in Cancun, prior to that I went here in the United States.. although I love horses, I was scared each time.. I just assumed that it was my age, but after riding with Randi's and having a great horse I realized it was just the horse.. Nobody's horse seemed out of control... it was terrific...

I cannot say enough, not only about the ride, but about the resturant (Victors) The best food I had all week!!! Also she only allows a couple of vendors to approach you which is nice!!! and I have to tell you that I also got my best prices from these vendors!!

If you like waves we really enjoyed the beach... Cabo was horrible to me (the rip tide) Mazatlan had great waves (fun to use the free boogie boards)

I just can't say enough good things... We really had a blast.. Best day of our whole trip..

In Mazatlan we took the Sierra Madre tour--journey up into Sierra Madres and visited old Spanish Colonial town of Concordia and a tiny mountain village of Capala--cobblestone streets, burros,etc. Along the way adobe brick-making, and small furniture factory. All on our tour realy enjoyed this.

Over on the Ports of Call forums there's one for the Mexican Riviera. Lots of great info.

Your best bet, honestly, is to do as Jim says. I'm leaving in two days for the Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez cruise. I have done this cruise a couple of times before and the regular Mexican Riviera cruise even more times before but I found tons of new information on the Ports of Call forum.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Valerie:)

In Mazatlan we took the Sierra Madre tour--journey up into Sierra Madres and visited old Spanish Colonial town of Concordia and a tiny mountain village of Capala--cobblestone streets, burros,etc. Along the way adobe brick-making, and small furniture factory. All on our tour realy enjoyed this.

That is one of the best!

I have also done this tour privately by "Frank". He goes to all the places you mentioned, plus he takes you to Old Mazatlan, including the Cathedral. He also goes to a tile factory and a bakery.

Archived