Legend April 9th cruise cancelled

Another Cruise

Does anyone know why the April 9th cruise on the Legend has been cancelled? Evidently it is being changed from 8 days to 4 days. Instead of Belize, Costa Rica and Panama it is now Grand Turk and Nassau. But the price is only $150 less. This was to be the second half of our BTB. I can't convince myself that this is a good deal now. What would you do?

Our TA called Carnival and they are changing the Legend to 4 day cruises starting April 9. She said something about changing with Miracle, but that Legend will still be out of Ft. Lauderdale. We changed our to the lasat week of March, which will be the same cruise originally scheduled for the second week of April. I just guessing, but figure a 4 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in April will be Spring Breakers!! Nothing against them, I was one once too, I just don't want to cruise with them anymore. That is one reason we pick cruises that are 8-15 days long now.

According to the Carnival website, the Legend is showing only ONE four night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, and that's the one on April 9. Beginning April 15, the Legend will be cruising out of Tampa (replacing the Miracle) on seven night cruises. This is also consistent with what Carnival announced recently:

http://carnival.com/CMS/Articles/legend_miracle.aspx

They are probably running the Legend a short one there and then cruising over to Tampa. Surprised it's not a short repositioning cruise..

They can't do a short repo cruise between Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa due to the Passenger Services Act. To make it a legal cruise, it would have to go all the way down to Aruba to avoid violating the PSA and that can't be done on a short cruise.

They can't do a short repo cruise between Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa due to the Passenger Services Act. To make it a legal cruise, it would have to go all the way down to Aruba to avoid violating the PSA and that can't be done on a short cruise.

Leave it up to Uncle Sam to complicate anything and everything with acts and statutes...:rolleyes: The tax code comes to mind as well as a host of other things!!!

Tom

Archived